• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Square backers turning what to do?

SUC_doo

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
17 sidewinder rtx, 08 apex ltx gt, 01 formula deluxe
Hey guys 4500 miles on my rtx dealer installed square backers have had 1 pull out but several are turned making a diamond shape. I read this is bad and can cut the track, can i straighten them back out?

Just tighten wrench on top,Torx on bottom, turn together , They will move to you allignment.

I changed to round for just that reason I straightened them out with big slip joint pliers

Woodys makes a tool to spin them

Hey guys 4500 miles on my rtx dealer installed square backers have had 1 pull out but several are turned making a diamond shape. I read this is bad and can cut the track, can i straighten them back out?

In my opinion if one already pulled out the track is junk. Other pullouts are sure to follow and the chances of one going through your exchanger and ruining your day are exponentially higher. I'd change that track!!:o|

Does everybody use the torque specs that come with the studs? i use to crank til the wrench stopped, they would. Loosen and turn. I used the torque spec I believe was 15 lbs and never had them loosen again, I think cause the track squished beyond, with torque spec it doesn’t squish and holds better,

DeWalt driver until the head is seated. I use square backers and they seem to be holding their own as far as being indexed.
I always have to go against the grain.....haha!

Back