• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stage 6 build

Then he should use it. These radar videos never did impress me anyway. More often than not, people are getting a way longer run than 1/4 mile or whatever they are stating anyway, or even getting a few extra hundred foot of run than they are reporting. The dragy doesn't lie about the distance, the radar only gives you the speed, could be 1/2 mile it could be more, not that I'm accusing anyone of doing that, but I've seen this time and time again where someone say well it looks like a 1/4 mile. LOL!

Putting anyone in a position like that is just downright stupid. You'd never see that at a professional race for a reason. Way too risky for both the guy holding the gun and the riders!
Yes we should not be doing this no argument. Sounds like DMCturbo is on this to make safer. I use my TD GPS as I want to know 1320 and is always within .5MPH of gun. And everyone's a hero at 1400ft running 1320 :). DMCTurbo's sled is rocking at a true 1320, very impressive pump gas speed on a backyard track.

Yes we should not be doing this no argument. Sounds like DMCturbo is on this to make safer. I use my TD GPS as I want to know 1320 and is always within .5MPH of gun. And everyone's a hero at 1400ft running 1320 . DMCTurbo's sled is rocking at a true 1320, very impressive pump gas speed on a backyard track.

Thanks 0degC. Means alot coming from a fast guy like you! I enjoy our tuning chats when you show up at the lake.

So we now have the tripod setup. Much safer. My first pass of the day ran 135 on the dragy and the stalker also read 135mph. Almost identical numbers. Best pass of the day with my lighter driver was 137mph. Unfortunately I forgot to give him my phone therefore I didn't get the dragy number. Time to gear up!! 140 here we come.

Attachments

• 20230128_162508.jpg
    20230128_162508.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230128_134118.jpg
    20230128_134118.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230128_134156.jpg
    20230128_134156.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
strap your suspension down to rails and youll hit it no problem, mine used to go faster with heavy guy on for top end because he collapsed sus more. on my old T-Cat i did 131 in 1500', 24/39 gear then immediatly went and changed to 25/37 and went right back out and did 136.9 same driver at 290lbs

You Canadian dudes seem to be so concerned with the top speed or speed runs. You're all looking for speed on the top end. Seems like here in the US we're more concerned about getting there quickly in a drag race than what the speed is. Maybe it's because you have more wide open spaces or more places to leg it out that we do here. Here ET is where its at.

I'm looking at your ET's on the draggy and thinking you only have 4 hundredths of a second on a good 600 stocker I used to run in 660. And I had a good 800 stocker that ran 6.35's in 660.

You Canadian dudes seem to be so concerned with the top speed or speed runs. You're all looking for speed on the top end. Seems like here in the US we're more concerned about getting there quickly in a drag race than what the speed is. Maybe it's because you got more wide open spaces or more places to leg it out that we do here. Here ET is where its at.

I'm looking at your ET's on the draggy and thinking you only have 4 hundredths of a second on a good 600 stocker I used to run in 660. And I had a good 800 stocker that ran 6.35's in 600.
I too am an ET person. Although I use my Dragy and it is extremely useful nothing compares to going head to head in 660'...LOL...especially with a win!
I have never found the all out top speed on my SW as I have not held it wide open long enough.

I too am an ET person. Although I use my Dragy and it is extremely useful nothing compares to going head to head in 660'...LOL...especially with a win!
I have never found the all out top speed on my SW as I have not held it wide open long enough.

Same, I know I've grabbed a handful on a trail and saw 128 MPH once, but having lost tracks out the back before, I don't like doing it often.

You Canadian dudes seem to be so concerned with the top speed or speed runs. You're all looking for speed on the top end. Seems like here in the US we're more concerned about getting there quickly in a drag race than what the speed is. Maybe it's because you have more wide open spaces or more places to leg it out that we do here. Here ET is where its at.

I'm looking at your ET's on the draggy and thinking you only have 4 hundredths of a second on a good 600 stocker I used to run in 660. And I had a good 800 stocker that ran 6.35's in 660.
I roll in it 100' or so before I'm 100% throttle. I don't care about ETs. I want it to take as long as possible to get to 1320' so I can build speed. Yes we Canucks are all about speed runs and top speed. It takes a good running 998 to hit 130 in 1320'. A few years ago 130 was my goal. Now I'm knocking on 140. I spend alot of time in the shop, testing never ends, trying to get the chassis to roll as free as possible.

For a sled I ride from my house to the lake, make consistent 135 mph passes in 1320' with a 200 lb rider, then take off and go trail riding, I think I'm doing ok.

I roll in it 100' or so before I'm 100% throttle. I don't care about ETs. I want it to take as long as possible to get to 1320' so I can build speed. Yes we Canucks are all about speed runs and top speed. It takes a good running 998 to hit 130 in 1320'. A few years ago 130 was my goal. Now I'm knocking on 140. I spend alot of time in the shop, testing never ends, trying to get the chassis to roll as free as possible.

For a sled I ride from my house to the lake, make consistent 135 mph passes in 1320' with a 200 lb rider, then take off and go trail riding, I think I'm doing ok.
I'd say that's pretty damn good. I love watching the thread as you keep creeping closer to your goal! Even some of us Northern Mainers care more about top speed than ETs and I think a 140 MPH trail sled is pretty sweet.

I'd say that's pretty damn good. I love watching the thread as you keep creeping closer to your goal! Even some of us Northern Mainers care more about top speed than ETs and I think a 140 MPH trail sled is pretty sweet.
Thanks. If anything you Mainers are nuts! 1 mile plus pulls... I get out of it at 1320 lol. That is far enough for me.

Oh I'm not knocking you crazy Canadian speed freaks. Don't get me wrong, I just find it ironic that down here were more into the ET and the Drag Racing part of it and could care less about the big speed. We look for quick ETs or getting to the end first when were along side a competitor next to us. You guys up north are just looking for that big radar speed number. It still competition and I get it, just find it funny how it so different from here to there.

I know full well how to do both as I've set and held speed records in speed runs and ET records in drag racing, even using the same sleds. Its just a different setup and theory on how to do well at either one. Myself, I never really liked the speed runs as its like watching paint dry, where drag racing is fast paced and you'd better be on your game to win in the final and of course the heat races too. Only reason I ran speed runs when the drag race season was over, was to take the records and collect the factory money, back when the factory put money up for the speed records, but thats why I also drag raced was for the money too.

I find radar running more casual and relaxing. LOL

Usually a small group of friends with a mixture of sleds just playing around and when u want to go home u just leave

DRag racing or ET seems to be more of an organized event which we don’t have a lot of without a bunch of travel

Back