• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stator finally out..

West Charleston Vermont (Canadian bordor)
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RS Vector
Hello members, I did get that stator out of my 05 vector and gave it a good looking over, it did not look that healthy from physical point of view. I did not pull the engine at all but, what I did do is shave back the metal near the oil tank mount carefully, and removed the steering arm above the stator cover and that did the job. I'm going to put a machined (aluminum) bracket in the same spot were I removed a bit of the metal to keep the structural integrity at that part of the frame housing.

Proud of it I'm not but it did get the job done!! without pulling the Engine, and if by some chance this AM stator dies of an early death and the next one and the one after that and so on...changing them will not be an issue.

Having said that sometimes you might have to cut corners a bit, does it make you a bad person? hell no!! you do what simply works , and some wont make that public, look were all in this together we enjoy the sport as others look on the sidelines in aw. And believe me over the years I've seen some real creative alterations to these snowmobiles that would leave you scratching your head and saying "why didn't I think of that"

You always have to think outside the box, if nobody did that we would be sitting around a fire with our clubs in our hands wearing fur.

Plus you need to think about the time invested in the work. We only have some much time on this planet so in a situation like this I would have done the same thing. Pulling a motor just to remove a stator is one hell of a job. Some fab work and a new bracket is the smart way to go.

Back