• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering post bushing replacement

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
Can't seem to find this one anymore.

I seem to recall someone made a steering post block made out of aluminum and a brass half insert. I ask because juniors 4000rr has a lot of slop.around the post. We are fixing the bell crank but I would like to do the post at the same time.

For the Canadian guys..

Last edited:
Looks like they are selling them in the US now.

Anyone try ordering? I looked into this and was unable to order this.. It was not available a couple months ago?

I have not ordered one yet. Already did the lower bushings from mainway last fall.

Where? Like order on the site that is linked above?
Dennis Kirk has them.
Do a search for steering block and zr 7000/9000 fit.

I may drill and tap it for a grease fitting

Last edited:
So I got juniors bushing installed and man did it ever tighten it up. I drilled out all the rivets on both the plates by accident and I'm kinda glad I did. The side steering plate hole got egged out so a new one is on order.

Anyways, after pulling the hood off on his procross and getting access through the front was quite easy. That nut on the inside of the bell crank, yeah I would like to talk to the engineer that did that.

I'm looking at the 998t and it doesn't look easy at all. What do I start pulling off after I get the hood off.

The 998t is not bad at all. It's been a few years now since I did one but the front nose needs be removed. Look really close at that as the entire nose will come off by removing 2 bolts on each side of the bulkhead, one high and one low. The lower one is ASE for whatever reason just an FYI. Remove the charge tube on the exhaust side for access to steering post nut, loosen the PTO side charge tube from the inner cooler and remove inner cooler. Pull the pins from the rubber boots for access to remove the steering arms. It's best to remove the Heim joint from the spindle then remove the arms from the bell crank without moving the nut on the bell crank, this gets you back close to toe in/out. From there follow the mainway directions. Note: the drag link arm from the bell crank to the steering post, the steering post is slotted for the flat area of the Heim joint of the drag link to slide into when reattaching.

Back