• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stitching on seat cover unraveling(warranty or not?)

Topper

Extreme
I see the stitching on my seat is starting to come undone. I am pretty sure that nothing has ever snagged it so I'm thinking it is a factory defect. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if I should try to get it covered under warranty or just eat it and get an upholsterer to fix it. :o| Topper

The first thing you should have done when you seen it was contact your dealer to try to warranty it.

I guess I should have taken it in. It's just a two inch section that the thread is letting loose, but if it is left, it will eventually be a totalled seat. If mine is the only machine with this problem then it probably just got snagged by a tree branch but I just thought I would check to see if others have had problems before I raise too much fuss. Topper

Hey Topper!
I have a section of the stiching on my seat coming apart.
It is by my left leg, on the seam that connects the top of the seat to the side wall.
I don't think I snagged it either, I actually believe the thread was worn by my leg rubbing against it.
I think that it should be covered by warranty. ;)!

GR

Hello GypsyRoots: Thats the exact same place mine is starting to unravel. I guess it must be a poor sew job. I contacted my dealer and the new seat cover is on the way. They also have a set of those small idler wheels like you have on your machine as well. All will be covered by warranty. I have to say they have been really good with the warranty coverage. I am still waiting for updates on some of the icing issues and sure hope they can come up with a fix for us. By the way I'm also waiting for the rest of your report. Topper

Hey Topper, my MP seat is comming apart on both sides in the area I think you are talking about. I would agree with Gypsy, bad place for a seam.

Karl: I got the new cover last year and I see it is still good but I imagine it will let go eventually. I think next time I will get the local upholsterer to make me one with flat seams instead of the raised ones it has on it now. I wouldn't mind a different color anyway. Topper

yes, I see the original post date now that you mention it....I don't have a lot of hours on my sled, but the seat seam started to come loose right away. I spoke to my local dealer when it came loose but they did not think it would fall under warranty. I am taking my sled in for the steering recall and the cold weather start update and will see what they say when they get a look at the loose threads. my rig is off warranty now so I may be SOL :Rockon:

Back