• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock clutch set up

philchy

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR VIPER RTX-DX, 2008 APEX GT 40TH ANIVERSARY, 2008 VECTOR GT 4OTH ANIVERSARY,2008 VENTURE GT, 2012 VECTOR RS, 2011 VECTOR GT,2003 RX1
Anybody know what the stock secondary spring settings are, I installed a ulmer clutch kit and did not pay attention when I pulled it apart, I am now putting it back to stock, 2015 RTX-DX.

Do yourself a favor and just the Big Venom clutch kit with the gate's carbon fiber belt, best mod I've made so far on my sled.

I agree with murdered137...Big Venom clutch kit.

But if you are going back to stock, Pink secondary spring set at 6-1

Thanks for the input, I am selling the sled that's why its going back to stock, thanks again.

Is the Big Venom clutch kit better than Ulmer's?Just curious.

Is the Big Venom clutch kit better than Ulmer's?Just curious.
Depends who you ask. I personally like the style of the Heavy Hitter adjustable weights better but either will work. BV blue Secondary spring is a good match to the stock helix. Lots of real world testing and trial and error on the BV kit. I trust the testing that was done, and Thunder Products has great customer support.

I even run a BV kit in a 07 phazer with good results.

Depends who you ask. I personally like the style of the Heavy Hitter adjustable weights better but either will work. BV blue Secondary spring is a good match to the stock helix. Lots of real world testing and trial and error on the BV kit. I trust the testing that was done, and Thunder Products has great customer support.

I even run a BV kit in a 07 phazer with good results.

The reason I ask is Ulmerès webite says you need a different belt and to machine both the drive and driven clutches to get full shiftout.BV kit doesnèt mention it.

Thanks for answering my question

The reason I ask is Ulmerès webite says you need a different belt and to machine both the drive and driven clutches to get full shiftout.BV kit doesnèt mention it.

Thanks for answering my question
You do not need to machine clutches to run either kit. Under optimal conditions, if both clutches are machined and you have the HP to pull the gearing and clutching you can theoretically pull full shift and even overdrive. However, I pulled 106 with BV under optimal conditions, without machined the clutches, and running the 8DN belt. The key with BV is the secondary spring gets changed out so there is no coil bind like there is with the stock Pink spring. No coil bind allows full shift if you've got the conditions to do it.

Back