• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stolen Sidewinders and V-nose Trailer - Posting this once hopefully someone has seen the trailer and Sidewinders

LouTurbo

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Pilot Skiis
STOLEN Nov.14, 2022
Stolen Nov.14,2022 7:45am
1 Regalcrest Court, Woodrbidge Ontario,
2 Sidewinders inside Stealth 18-23ft trailer
Thief used a Silver F150, 4dr Crew, 2015-2016 with decal 4X4 on side of box

Thief approx 35-50yrs old, white, approx 6ft, stocky and bow legged

Possibly was headed north towards Barrie,

One Stealth Trailer 7x18ft front and rear ramp Ontario plate# R3179A
Gray and White with Chrome/Aluminum trim
Some Red/Silver reflective tape

One 2021 Sidewinder GT 137 Black with Gold with studs, 500kms, full size rear bag Ontario plate# 2AL841

One 2017 Sidewinder LE 137 Blue with White, studded, 500kms, Blue/White windshield, Deluxe rear bag, had many other accessories

$2,000 cash Reward for recovery intact or conviction.

Attachments

• 2015-2016 FORD F150 silver, aluminum rims.jpg
    2015-2016 FORD F150 silver, aluminum rims.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20221128_094250_07Dec2022.jpg
    20221128_094250_07Dec2022.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Trailer Interior photos.jpg
    Trailer Interior photos.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 2021 YAMAHA SIDEWINDER BLACK 1.jpg
    2021 YAMAHA SIDEWINDER BLACK 1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Man that sucks. Hate hearing stuff like this. Pics would be good, people can keep an eye out. Also info on how they stole it so maybe others can do more to protect ourselves.

I have cameras on my trailer, but always thinking should be doing more.

That really stinks

Hell of it is battery power grinder easily slices through locks, and chains

I used one to cut 7/8” wire rope on my crane at work

Please see updated Post, sorry thought my other posting would have linked.

World's worst people do stuff like this.

He will have trouble trying to license either. He'll have to get officials to buy some story about why vin isn't in his name and/or make up a vin that doesn't even come up in system. I really hope this a&#$@ole gets caught!!!

He will most likely sell them up north, or part them out. I will be putting an alarm on the trailer this month and in the off months maybe hide my satellite beacon in it. Its cheap insurance. Sorry for your loss, I hope you have the insurance to cover it and I hope these a-holes get caught red handed.

If someone stole it out of your driveway, chances are they knew exactly what was in the trailer and either followed you or were stalking the parking spot for awhile.

Hell of it is battery power grinder easily slices through locks, and chains

I used one to cut 7/8” wire rope on my crane at work
I know they're not cheap but I just broke down and purchased one of these Proven Industries coupler locks. Of course no lock is thief-proof but he'll need more than just one battery pack to cut through this. The way I justified the cost of this lock was that if my rig and contents were stolen and someone offered me $250 to get everything back intact, I would jump on it in a heart beat. I just considered this purchase that payment in advance.

ProvenLocks.JPG

air tags notify the person who is stealing your equipment that there is an uknown air tag following them. If of course they have an i-device (iphone/ipad/etc). otherwise they work very well.

I know they're not cheap but I just broke down and purchased one of these Proven Industries coupler locks. Of course no lock is thief-proof but he'll need more than just one battery pack to cut through this. The way I justified the cost of this lock was that if my rig and contents were stolen and someone offered me $250 to get everything back intact, I would jump on it in a heart beat. I just considered this purchase that payment in advance.

View attachment 169988
I would buy this but still risk of unbolting and swapping out the hitch assembly in little time unless you have it welded to the frame.

Thanks to all for the input. These sleds and trailer were all kept super clean. I put it outdoors for a brief period and thats all it takes.
Thief will probably be shopping for a crashed or used tunnel /frame with registration.

I would buy this but still risk of unbolting and swapping out the hitch assembly in little time unless you have it welded to the frame.
Good point about the coupler as most are not welded to frame but like I said, no lock is thief-proof. Just like the cam-bar locks I also purchased from Proven Industries. Although there is no shackle to cut, the thief can always just cut off the cam-bar hinges to gain access to trailer contents.

I put it outdoors for a brief period and thats all it takes.
Had a buddy years ago come up to ride and met us at the bar across from the hotel. He had just fueled up and knew once we met up that we would be heading out and did not lock up his trailer when coming over to the bar. In that little time, someone walked up and into his trailer, moved one sled so he could steal the one he wanted and did this all while other people staying at the hotel were outside. They told us they did question the fact that they were unloading and no one was dressed in gear but they walked up to my buddy's trailer like they owned it. Knowing how hard we work to have the toys we have, I truly feel your pain and hope the thief or thieves get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Back