• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stretching 06 Apex GT to 136 LTX GT

Pykie

Veteran
Hi All,

Know this ones been done numerous times numerous different ways. I’ve done some searching and have some great information so far.

Firstly I picked up another 121 machine with a blown track that my track will come off to make whole. I picked up a 136 skid with the ohlins shock for super cheap. It came with Hartmann extensions which I will not be using and may try to flip to recoup some coin.

I stripped the additional GT all down with ease. Then I started on mine. Is there any reason to be hitting the 36mm nut in the chain case with what looks like a chisel or impact chisel? I can’t break the nut free now short of grabbing that 2036XMD extra deep socket which I can’t track down quickly/beating on it some more. I’ve even tried fastening a bar to the clutch to prevent it from spinning and cannot get enough leverage on an adjustable to break the nut free before the wrench wants to slip. I have pics but don’t have a photobucket or file sharing account yet to add them.

Next, The rear brackets required...I see the rear arm of the new skid mounts differently and without wheels like the 121. I got the parts list from mbarryracing(thank you!) I can’t find decent pics of these. Does the new bracket replace the old ones on the tunnel and does that same bracket LH/RH also carry the additional shaft and bogies required or is there an additional bracket required?

As for tunnel extension when I get there, I’m thinking TracksUSA as I understand Hartmann is no longer. Thoughts guys? I’m looking for as stock a look as possible. The extensions approach may have the kinks worked out now but all the early problems and complaints I read have brought me down the factory skid route and I was able to grab this skid for real cheap.

Thanks in advance, I’ll work on a way to upload some pics for more info shortly.

Hi All,

Know this ones been done numerous times numerous different ways. I’ve done some searching and have some great information so far.

Firstly I picked up another 121 machine with a blown track that my track will come off to make whole. I picked up a 136 skid with the ohlins shock for super cheap. It came with Hartmann extensions which I will not be using and may try to flip to recoup some coin.

I stripped the additional GT all down with ease. Then I started on mine. Is there any reason to be hitting the 36mm nut in the chain case with what looks like a chisel or impact chisel? I can’t break the nut free now short of grabbing that 2036XMD extra deep socket which I can’t track down quickly/beating on it some more. I’ve even tried fastening a bar to the clutch to prevent it from spinning and cannot get enough leverage on an adjustable to break the nut free before the wrench wants to slip. I have pics but don’t have a photobucket or file sharing account yet to add them.

Next, The rear brackets required...I see the rear arm of the new skid mounts differently and without wheels like the 121. I got the parts list from mbarryracing(thank you!) I can’t find decent pics of these. Does the new bracket replace the old ones on the tunnel and does that same bracket LH/RH also carry the additional shaft and bogies required or is there an additional bracket required?

As for tunnel extension when I get there, I’m thinking TracksUSA as I understand Hartmann is no longer. Thoughts guys? I’m looking for as stock a look as possible. The extensions approach may have the kinks worked out now but all the early problems and complaints I read have brought me down the factory skid route and I was able to grab this skid for real cheap.

Thanks in advance, I’ll work on a way to upload some pics for more info shortly.
Here’s the pic of the rear brackets,usually avail used or about$100 new

Attachments

• 653FDCAA-4407-4450-A2CC-CC0E0FD32D71.png
    653FDCAA-4407-4450-A2CC-CC0E0FD32D71.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 99
would an apex xtx tunnel extension work on your application? it was resonably priced 2 years ago when i was looking at shorty apex'x to turn into an xtx.

Back