• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stupid question

Thanks but where are the adjustments made on the shock? I am trying to learn about my new rear suspension so I can do the adjustments my self. From what I understand adjusting the spring tension is not the same as adjusting the FRA. If that is the fact where are the FRA adjustments made on the shock. The machine I have now is a 04 rx warrior. One more question. What does the clicker part of the shock do for me. I noticed that the spring on the shock still has settings. So what does the clicker do. Thanks for the info

FRA: Look at the front of the rear shock. The shock is attached to a splined slot. Lower the shock mount point in that slot to increase FRA. Raise it to decrease FRA.

What FRA does: When you compress a spring, every inch of spring takes a greater amount of force to compress than the last. By increasing the FRA, you force it to compress MORE, which means that by the time you hit full compression, there is a greater amount of spring tension than there would be with the FRA set on SOFT.

FRA really isn't a shock adjustment at all. It it true that it does increase the shock stroke depth (and therefore shock rate), but all it directly affects is the spring rate.

On your warrior, there are THREE adjustments in and around that shock and spring: FRA, shockrate (clicker), and spring preload.

The clicker changes how hard the shock resists motion, the FRA does as above changing the springrate parabolically, the preload is a linear increase to the springrate.

Back