• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Target AFR assistance

ateick

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'24 Rene XRS 900R
'18 SR Viper RTX (SOLD)
'20 Poo XCR 850 (SOLD)
We got a little snow here and I was able to take my '18 with Hurricane 190kit out for a few rips. I am new to turboing and new to the PCV software.

To my inexperienced eyes and senses I found the sled to be running very hot and AFR readings are very lean (hence the heat). I have the original Hurricane map but I think because a few ECU (most recently the 2018) flashes have occured since it was created the map is off. It seems to be lean mostly.

Here are some readings: Idle 13.5 ish. WOT 10.7-11 Cruising 5000-7000 rpm 14.7-15.7

Seems to need more fuel across the map except WOT perhaps.

Can I get some AFR suggestions for the following:
- Idle cold
- Idle warm
- 1/4 throttle
- 1/2 throttle 5000rpm
- 3/4 throttle 7000rpm
- WOT

Also when adjusting in PowerCommander software is there any correlation between % fuel added / removed and AFR change or just proceed in slow increments?

I don't think the factory ECM flash should effect the Power Comander mapping. Are you pulling a negative number on your boost gauge at idle yet? If not you still have a vacume leak and that is why you are getting such a high AFR reading. Have you spoken to Hellflyer what was he running on AFR gauge?

No negative vacuum numbers at idle. The gauge either reads 0 or boost numbers 1-6.

What type of AFR gauge do you have, is it showing 0 or is it reading numbers at idle?

Boost and AFR gauges both AEM. Boost shows 0 at idle. AFR is in 13's at idle. I read a few posts about people both NA and turbo seeing increased heat and afr #'s after the 2018 ECU flash was performed. One of Hellflyers posts mentioned that he had never seen so much heat in the previous 5000km he had on the sled until he did the reflash. I think he melted a panel. He had to increase fuel because his AFR had gone up almost everywhere. I'm trying to get used to the software and do the same thing but looking for a baseline set of AFR values to work towards. I see why AutoTune would be a valuable tool.

I have the same gauge and at idle it will pull anyware from -3 to -6 pounds of vacume. Mine will show higher AFR reading in the mid but only when I'm off of the throttle. If you are trying to make or adjust the tune in the Power Commander I can't help ya out there ive never had to mess with mine.

I read 3-9 lbs of vacuum at idle with a 13.7-14.5 afr. Been like that since I put the turbo on in '14, only ecm update was in '15 I believe. Your WOT seems a little rich imo. And when "cruising", how much boost are you seeing?

Cruising is too lean. Rest is fine. Shoot for 14 max at partial throttle cruising range. Over 15 is not good and will definitely run engine hot or worse.

Back