• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Technical Bulletin S2014-001. Reverse Update

Chain Case Upgrade

Dealer called yesterday and said upgrade kit was in. Just got back from a trip and have 900 miles on sled. No chain case issues so far. Kit is going to be installed Monday 2/3. Dealer also said a fix is on way for warm starts in late spring early summer.

is this for all vipers? just got a 2015, will it need this update done as well?

Your 2015 Viper has already had the update completed. This update was initiated about the last week in January - first week in February. Our LTX DX was built in Late October 2013 and will have the shift upgrade kit done next week. Our second LTX, an SE, was delivered on Valentine's day and the shift upgrade kit was complete when delivered. All 2015's were built to the updated specification/ parts list.

I have a 2015 and today it popped out of gear while accelerating from 20-30. Had to hit the reverse button to pop it back in. At first I thought I had blown a belt of worse. Very loud and concerning noise. This is why I paid for a five year warranty.

Ya my 15 has popped out of gear as well i got a spring order i picked it up at the dealer october 31 2014 its supposed to jave the upgrade already done?

Ya my 15 has popped out of gear as well i got a spring order i picked it up at the dealer october 31 2014 its supposed to jave the upgrade already done?

U can pull the reverse actuator off and see if the reverse coupler has a notch in it..really only way to tell.

Ask dealer? Ask Yamaha?

Better check on the fuel line deal as well.

I'd sure think that Yamaha would keep record of warranty campaign claims against the VIN?

my ltx se had the issue of getting stuck in reverse button didn't work at all,went to the dealer ship changed the relays no issues since

Mine popped out of gear today. Ran fine after, did not seem to have hurt anything. My dealer told me all the updates were done. I pulled the reverse servo motor off and do not have the new extension plug with a indent and a wedge and spring. Was this a part of the update? Does any one know the part number for this so i can put it on myself so i dont have this happen again.

Last edited:
Mine popped out of gear today. Ran fine after, did not seem to have hurt anything. My dealer told me all the updates were done. I pulled the reverse servo motor off and do not have the new extension plug with a indent and a wedge and spring. Was this a part of the update? Does any one know the part number for this so i can put it on myself so i dont have this happen again.

Yes and it should have a little spring too...

Nice job, and nice to know. I'm calling Port tomorrow.

We need to change the title of this post so that it's subject matter is more clear.

Last edited:
i,m in the process of getting a 2016 rtx dx for a great price should i be( sceptical) it is new and will this update be allready done before pickup later this month ??

Back