• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thundercat VS 850 DOO,a nd ZR8000

Who knows if it is really stock or not
Regardless they will be close over the short run
But I'm surprised that one didn't eat a piston already .....lol

sooo...the Tcat/SW is only fastest when the race is longer than 1320 feet? That's the feeling I get here...

Now this has me wondering some things...

A poo(modded obviously) is beat by a 850, supposedly stock......

then this same POO beats a new SW!......hmmmmm wonder what is going on? Is the Tcat clutching faster then SW?

Dan

Look at the body position of the Sidewinder guy. Looked like he was going for a Sunday Church Group ride! That alone could be the issue. Didnt show the launch at all.

Launch control will help these turbos leave harder.

Keep in mind that the Doo's ECU was in break in mode. Imagine once it's running at full power.........

Keep in mind what a broken in 4 Stroke Yami Motor will do. I have seen Yamaha Apex's run 10+ mph faster once broken in.
The 850 Doo will have nothing for this Turbo Yamai motor and BRP knows it.

Did anyone notice how easy the Polaris rider hit the brake. That's because the brake lever would have snapped like a toothpick.

Polaris has some serious quality issues. Surprised it made it the 500ft. Lol.

Did anyone notice how easy the Polaris rider hit the brake. That's because the brake lever would have snapped like a toothpick.

Polaris has some serious quality issues. Surprised it made it the 500ft. Lol.
FYI Polaris uses same brake as is on your sled and it works very well.

FYI Polaris uses same brake as is on your sled and it works very well.

Not!! We have seen many snapped plastic Polaris brake levers the past couple years. Never seen any for Yami, Cat or Doo.
Have a Indy 550 in the shop with one now.

Not to mention local Polaris dealers stock the brake lever. We have never seen the need to stock for Yami,AC or Doo.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the Doo's ECU was in break in mode. Imagine once it's running at full power.........
Typically the skidoo's are faster while in break in mode as they don't have to run lean to meet EPA standards while in break in mode. The guys we run with that have 800's go back to the dealer every 500km to get the break in modes restarted. There 800's run over 120mph on radar on a normal day with just clutching and a gear change.

Wow 2017 sidewinder LTX LE for sale or trade for an 850 and I will add cash on top!:flag:

imagine that 850 with a low boost MCX turbo.....jus' sayin'. It can be done, and be reliable.

I wish they would have tested a SW in this video. Curious to see what they will be running. I think once the SW is broke in with an exhaust and clutching and maybe a reflash will walk on any sled out there. You watch any grass drags out there and the big 4S are the fastest sleds. With some fine tuning of a few things these SW's will be crazy fast and reliable. 2S will not last as the reason i went away form them, way to many blown motors.

Back