• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ThunderCat vs 900R SHOOTOUT Top Speed

those guys have great comunicators, im wondering which ones they have, i have the UCLEAR motion infinity, and they are not that clear.

They are using Cardo Packtalk Bolds. Thats what our group uses as well. Very clear, great noise cancellation. Voice activated controls 'Hey Cardo'-'Music On' or 'Hey Cardo 'Next Track'. Music fades down when someone starts talking, then fades back up when they are done. Its a mesh network so everyone can chat at the same time and connecting to a pre-defined group of friends is seamless. We have the baseplates on all of our helmets so we use the same system for motorcycle riding as well.

First race, can't see much of anything.
Second race meaningless as the sled veers off into fresh snow.
Third race, again the assault is in the harder packed lane.
This particular video is very unscientifc but these guys have had the Doo 850's and the Mach up in Cochrane weeks prior in a number of vids and put a lot of km's on them and switched drivers around and the consensus is the same -- the 850's are faster off the line for sure and very close top end.

This particular video is very unscientifc but these guys have had the Doo 850's and the Mach up in Cochrane weeks prior in a number of vids and put a lot of km's on them and switched drivers around and the consensus is the same -- the 850's are faster off the line for sure and very close top end.
Agreed, they have no agenda, they are not affiliated with a brand, they are just a group of guys who ride together a lot screwing around in real world conditions. I would take their feedback at face value especially since they seem to have a consensus among them that independent of the rider, the 850s are faster and it wasn't just the Polaris XCR, it was also the Ski-doo 850 XRS as well.

I am pretty sure they are running Cardo communicators.
Let me say there are several 850s in my group now and I run Ecotrail nearly all the time and those sleds are not in the same zip code as my Winder. They are all astonished when we try it again after they forget the last time. BTW my sled is not a top end beast due to 1.6 Ice Cobra but its over before that even comes into play.

Winder has yet to run this year as my host has been in Montana all of January. Me too part of Jan.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not here to defend the mack, just saying it's clear to me it had the poorer lanes in those 2 races.

Oh, I'm not here to defend the mack, just saying it's clear to me it had the poorer lanes in those 2 races.
No I gotcha. I was just adding some further background/history to the poor performance of the Mack with these guys.

I find it interesting that the guys in the video ended up having to put snowtrackers on the Mach to get it to handle the local (admittedly tight) trails.
My impression of riding a '22 650 and 850 (renegade Xs) was similar, lots of push in the corner, both of them set to the 4 position on the coupling blocks. Neither the 650 nor the 850 were hard steering though and apparently the mach is.

A bunch of die hard Winder guys all tuned got the opportunity to drive a friends Mach Z on the trails this weekend. They were alll very impressed with the Mach’s ride and handling

A bunch of die hard Winder guys all tuned got the opportunity to drive a friends Mach Z on the trails this weekend. They were alll very impressed with the Mach’s ride and handling

Thats good. If they could just put a power plant in there then it may be worth having.

Brothers Mach Z consistently run‘s 120-123mph on speedo not quite bare ice as had some snow also blown across in places it is studded 2 per bar 1.25 ripsaw track.
I have a TD tuned ’19 SRX extended to a 146” with zero studs with a 1.75 Hurricane track from a dead stop he would get out ahead of course but I would wheel him in passing him within quarter mile at a speed at least 10 mph faster then he was travelling.
The Mach Z is a nice trail sled still has some unwanted inside ski lift when pushed real hard even with those fancy high speed computers but it provides a very smooth ride and is a nice overall sled but my opinion is it should have been called a Mach 1
Belt on Mach Z needs to be adjusted every few rides and tighten boost tubes
My stock 06 Apex with 96 studs runs 126 on the dreamometer 107 actual verified speed…….sigh

My stock 06 Apex with 96 studs runs 126 on the dreamometer 107 actual verified speed…….sigh
My Attak speedo was like that until I took two teeth of the speedo sensor gear. In todays world of sleds though I have passed a lot of claimed 115mph sleds on my Attak when I have actually only being doing 105mph or so. My Side Winder is another dimension.

My Attak speedo was like that until I took two teeth of the speedo sensor gear. In todays world of sleds though I have passed a lot of claimed 115mph sleds on my Attak when I have actually only being doing 105mph or so. My Side Winder is another dimension.
Ya, my winder hit 122 in the same distance

Back