• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Time for a new track??

2datrl

Extreme
My 2012 Vector now has over 8000 miles on it. Noticed after the last trip that most track clips are compromised or missing. So I can buy clips for about $130.00 and hopefully borrow the tool to rebuild the track that might have 2000-4000 miles of life left, or replace the track for more like $400.00 which would also give me the opportunity to replace the drive shaft bearings and such. BTW, 1 stud did pull out/ missing with no apparent track damage.
Any thoughts and / or high mileage Vectors out there?
2datrl

New track hands down.

Check with Travis at Barn of Parts. Good chance he has a new take off, or super low miles one off a wrecked sled.

That's what I did for my Apex. (6600 miles on original) I got a like new, studded Cobra from a wrecked sled from him for $150 or $175 shipped. Been 3 years ago, can't recall price, but it was one or the other.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

New track X2! My clips are wearing thin after 11000 miles. None missing yet that I know of. I completely reclipped a track once and would rather just put a new one on this time around. I've heard the Ripsaw II tracks are much better than the original. But maybe you already have an R2.

New Track for sure, I put 19000km on my Vector track and I changed it out because the track was peeling rubber out on the inside where I had installed Tricked toys aluminum 135mm idle wheels and rear axle wheels. Put in a ripsaw 2 with studs and found the rear end to be a little unpredictable in the corners as compared to the original ripsaw that was studded also. Also when back to regular oversized idler wheels as the aluminum was great looking but they built up ice and on those long days the vibration was bothersome not to mention the track damage being done.

My 2012 Vector now has over 8000 miles on it. Noticed after the last trip that most track clips are compromised or missing. So I can buy clips for about $130.00 and hopefully borrow the tool to rebuild the track that might have 2000-4000 miles of life left, or replace the track for more like $400.00 which would also give me the opportunity to replace the drive shaft bearings and such. BTW, 1 stud did pull out/ missing with no apparent track damage.
Any thoughts and / or high mileage Vectors out there?
2datrl

You must ride your machine hard. My 2011 Vector has 11,000 on it & all the clips are there & the track is in great shape.

I do ride hard, but I think that the DuPont Vespel slides might have something to do with it, as well as junk conditions this past season.
2datrl.

If you think that the DuPont slides wear the track clips down because they are harder than I rather just buy the OEM ones and save all the work of replacing the track clips.

Back