• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tire Pressure?

purl

I picked up a set of Maxxis Bighorns to replace the original skins on my '05 Yamaha 350 Bruin 4x4.The tires are 12x25x10 rear and 12x25x8 fronts. On the Bighorns it says to refer to the ATV owners manual for correct pressure.On the originals the manual calls for 3.6lbs front and rear.Should I keep the Bighorns at the same pressure?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

try them at the same pressure. you might want to go harder or softer according to how they handle for you. i tend to run 5lb in my intercos, otherwise they bottom on the rims climbing over stuff.

I run about 8 to 10 psi in my ITP Mud Lite XL's on my Bruin and my Kodiak. But i don't go through mud over my fenders or sharp rocks very much. I like a little extra psi, for a little more firm ride, but that's just me.

I have to run 12-15 psi in my 30" mudzillas, Or i tend to pop em off the bead......

If you want to run really low, you can have tubes put in them , so if they are not seated on the bead well, they will still hold air.

i run my itp mudlight's @ 5psi they seem to be ok . too hard will make them easier to puncture i would think. lower presure = more traction but i could pop off the rim. start @ what the manual says then go up from there.

Back