• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To: GAP and/or TUNERS -- ETA on KNOCK PROTECTION?

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
550 miles on my stocker now....So time for oil change, chain adjust/lube change.

So it's the obvious time for me to throw on the muffler, and the 22 tooth gear. Which means the tune should go in too.

Lots of talk for MANY WEEKS of a working knock lite. I started another thread with several questions for tuners and/or GAP. None were answered.

Maybe I need to keep my posts more basic, so here goes.

WHEN WILL THE KNOCK PROTECTION BE READY AND INCLUDED IN FLASH?

A DATE?

Thank you!
Dan

That’s it. That’s all your going to say ? Did your cat die?

550 miles on my stocker now....So time for oil change, chain adjust/lube change.

So it's the obvious time for me to throw on the muffler, and the 22 tooth gear. Which means the tune should go in too.

Lots of talk for MANY WEEKS of a working knock lite. I started another thread with several questions for tuners and/or GAP. None were answered.

Maybe I need to keep my posts more basic, so here goes.

WHEN WILL THE KNOCK PROTECTION BE READY AND INCLUDED IN FLASH?

A DATE?

Thank you!
Dan
I agree when is this going to be released?

I agree. This has been talked about since the early fall. Season is already 1/3 over. Doesn't do any good if the release finally happens in March!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The knock light is only necessary if youre running the motor on the edge on 91 octane really. Just run a lower power tune if youre worried about gas. The 270 race tune is pretty deadly for trail riding anyways.

easy guys , this is a time consuming process, I'm sure gap and the tuners want this to be perfect , don't need any broken motor happening due to a rush situation

I am running the 240 until the knock light comes out. Gas is always a concern up in the U. P. So would sure like that safeguard in place.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

95% of our customers are out enjoying Ecotrail and Powertrail with zero worry of knock. I don't feel a huge need for the knock protection to be honest.
That said for our more aggressive line up of tunes it will cool to have in case a customers gets bad fuel.

GAP took a 2 weeks vacation which I thought was long lol... . They are back now, fresh and working very hard to get it out asap. There is an update available on the TD flasher with the auto reconnect and stable dashboard.
That in itself is a huge update. I will release the details of this. Basically with this update the Ipad becomes a very useful dashboard that auto reconnects. Plus the flasher does not drain the battery anymore and can be left on.

Next update coming will be Jukebox live tune switching and most likely knock protection as well.
Hang tight.

Last edited:
Ben....Speaking for myself concerning the knocklight, of course you have the utmost confidence in your tunes as you should. Me as Joe consumer (and I know many others) like that little extra piece of mind the idiot light and everything that goes with it gives. It was one of the reasons I chose your programs for my previous 1100.

The knock light is only necessary if youre running the motor on the edge on 91 octane really. Just run a lower power tune if youre worried about gas. The 270 race tune is pretty deadly for trail riding anyways.
Oh yes I get that point, and will do so....but that is not what this thread is about right?

95% of our customers are out enjoying Ecotrail and Powertrail with zero worry of knock. I don't feel a huge need for the knock protection to be honest.
That said for our more aggressive line up of tunes it will cool to have in case a customers gets bad fuel.

GAP took a 2 weeks vacation which I personally did not agree with. They are back now and working very hard to get it out asap. There is an update available on the TD flasher with the auto reconnect and stable dashboard.
That in itself is a huge update. I will release the details of this. Basically with this update the Ipad becomes a very useful dashboard that auto reconnects. Plus the flasher does not drain the battery anymore and can be left on.

Next update coming will be Jukebox live tune switching and most likely knock protection as well.
Hang tight.
Ben, thanks for this Update!

Im sure many here like me appreciate this.

And you answered other questions I had too, that is great to know about the battery thing, and Jukebox....two big things I asked in that other thread that never really got any attention....lol

I was worried about battery dying, so that is great to know and really excited for Jukebox when not running the iPad/iPhone for live data.

Are the switches going to be made by GAP or each tuner gonna make their own momentary switch for map switching on stock gauge?

thanks again
Dan

We have been working hard testing the knock detection and protection system with many of our clients on the trails. We are ready to extend the betta knock system to any hurricane flash customers that want to participate in providing data to us to perfect the system.we are happy with the detection part of the knock system with little left to perfect . The protection part of the system is also working while we are making sure that it’s reliable so that you can count on it

We have been working hard testing the knock detection and protection system with many of our clients on the trails. We are ready to extend the betta knock system to any hurricane flash customers that want to participate in providing data to us to perfect the system.we are happy with the detection part of the knock system with little left to perfect . The protection part of the system is also working while we are making sure that it’s reliable so that you can count on it

Thanks for the feedback and quick update!

Ben....Speaking for myself concerning the knocklight, of course you have the utmost confidence in your tunes as you should. Me as Joe consumer (and I know many others) like that little extra piece of mind the idiot light and everything that goes with it gives. It was one of the reasons I chose your programs for my previous 1100.
You cannot compare the 1100 which needed a knock light due to being much more prone to knock.

When we built eco and powertrail we wanted absolute reliability without a knock light.

There is no need for one... Coming straight from the tuner. Zero issues in many hundreds of customes flashed on powertrail since last year.

For the bigger maps the new max spool I think it will be good to have the protection in case of bad gas.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Back