• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track alignment issues

SxVxGeserg

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 side winder mtx 162
so I'm having problems aligning my track i have 17 sidewinder mtx 162 its been having a problem aligning since i got it
i did every thing proper in the back even aligned each wheel with a mallet to make sure its even both sides and everywhere and proper tension but the the second i give it gas the track moves too the right slightly what am i doing wrong or is there something bent i should look at? nothing really looks bent, should i take apart the whole track and redo it?
you don't really noticed when out riding but it looks like its chewing up the track extra
IMG_6643.JPG IMG_4048.JPG

Not sure about winder but this was common on procross viper

I just aligned it best I could and have repeatedly heard of track wandering but never track failure... thankfully

I just aligned it best I could and have repeatedly heard of track wandering but never track failure... thankfully
yah it looks perfect after i take my time and make sure everything is aligned one spin and it wanders too the right it only goes so far and stays like that just worried of one the front wheels popping off because of that wander

any known fix? or should i align as good as it gets and run it till the track falls off lol

Thats all you can do!! The chassis has so much flex that you have to hang it evenly or it will walk. I loop a strap so it pulls evenly , run it center the best I can in the back and run it. I had a viper with 8900 miles on the track with zero issues.

I measure my adjustment bolts and make sure they are the same length at the desired track tension. The track always wanders side to side on the track clips and wheels when your riding.

:sled1:

It's not uncommon to have the track tensioned a little more on one side then the other in order to get it to track straight. It seems like that I have had to do that on just about every sled I have owned to some degree.
With tracks that are clipped every other window, I will lube the track windows with Sil-glide (silicone lube) to take the dry rubber to hyfax friction out of the equation. Normally I set my track tension first, then adjust the track left or right so that it's centered and call it good.

If think you about it, the track is a 162" long piece of rubber with a single ply of belt and the chances of it being slightly out of square or stretching to some degree are pretty good!

Same issue on my viper.cannot line track up at all.goes to the right like yours does.can be very frustrating but just ride it.i just make sure tension is good and that's it.as said it moves from side to side

Same problem I have on my '16 M8000 153. I just gave up and ran it. 700 miles later and nothing has happened so I don't worry about it.

My original track had clips on inside , replacement track came with them on the outside which makes sense given the design of the driver . Clips inside chewed thie sh%# out of drivers and I believe destroyed 3 sets of anti-stab wheels and axle .
Screenshot_20191122-080759_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-080759_Gallery.jpg

Back