• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track and drivers change over

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 RX1 13 apex se 96 vmax 4 aerocharged
I know this is not Apex mountain talk but more results to be found on this forum. I have a set of 7 tooth avids on an 06 apex shaft. I want to press them off and then on to a 13 apex se shaft. I don’t have a big track yet but the deals seem to be on 2.86 pitch tracks. Is it better to buy 2.86 drivers ?

To use 2.86 track you need matching drivers. This will slow the sled down a bit because they have a smaller pitch circle. I personally like the 3" pitch tracks it wont slow you down either. 2.6 power claw works pretty good.

I didnt word this very well haha, I realize that you have to match track to drivers and would like to run a 2.6. But if the deals on tracks that are 2.86, is it better to buy the 2.86 drivers and go with a challenger 2.5 or re and re 3" avids that are on another shaft and therefore get a 2.6 powerclaw. Kind of a loaded question, powerclaw vs challenger vs cost difference .

Its probably still worth staying 3" pitch gearing and clutching are already right. Unless you still need to finish it? Might need minor clutching change any way.

Back