• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track lug size

FAMILYMAN

Lifetime Member
How big, what mods recommend.

My thought staying with my xtx 141 turbo but put 2.6 lug under it to go west for the first time.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

You will be able to go places a 153 2.25 Nytro cannot go if that answers your question.

Last edited:
You must love to wheelie. I have a Stock Nytro xtx 144 with 1.75 and its wheelie happy when climbing adding boost to this would just further my issue. I had thought about stretching it to a 153 2.25 for more Mountian riding but soon after ordered the 15 viper mtx with the 162 for my Mountian addiction. Don't get me wrong, it's a blast to ride a shorter tracks and play but sometimes I just want to attack the hill. Either way that sleds going to rip.

Hey, Brett You will be fine, I have been out west many times with my Nytro and my Apex with 144 x 1.75 and got around fairly well, it you go 2.26 lug you will have no problems! I have since gotten a 153 x 2.25 for it, just to improve on what I had. ( got a great deal on a skid and track a couple years ago) I was thinking about texting you today and seeing how you were coming on getting ready for that trip out west we had talked about.. I'm still game if you are. We will have to talk, one of these days. Dan

You must love to wheelie. I have a Stock Nytro xtx 144 with 1.75 and its wheelie happy when climbing adding boost to this would just further my issue. I had thought about stretching it to a 153 2.25 for more Mountian riding but soon after ordered the 15 viper mtx with the 162 for my Mountian addiction. Don't get me wrong, it's a blast to ride a shorter tracks and play but sometimes I just want to attack the hill. Either way that sleds going to rip.

XTX Viper (at least 2014 and I believe 2015 has same skid?) is not a wheelie machine. In fact you can search for my post where I relocated the front skid shock mounting last year to lighten up the front. The MTX even has different rails to lighten the front. Even if it does feel light you can increase air pressure in the back skid shock and take spring pressure off the front skid shock. Of course boost does make the front lighter but you don't HAVE to hammer it all the time. :)

The girlfriends Viper last year was XTX converted to 153 Powerclaw 2.25 and went places my Supercharged Nytro with 162 2.25 could not. I have to believe the 141 with 2.6 would have the same or better than the 153 2.25.

I believe that the 2.6" Power Claw is only available in 153" and 162" lengths. In a 141" length you can get it in a 2.25" lug though.
That's right. Only 2.25
Last year during the dealer demos we would all fight over the 2015 XTX LE with the 2.25 power claw that had a turbo on it. . By far the funniest sled I rode last year!

Thought I saw where that would be available this winter, I was obviously wrong. Maybe it is hiding out with the 3 inch Powerclaw...:D

Thanks for all the help. Will the lug clear? Boy I need to get time in the shop. Dan, I definitely want to go west! Give me a shot when you get free time. Brent

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Thanks for all the help. Will the lug clear? Boy I need to get time in the shop. Dan, I definitely want to go west! Give me a shot when you get free time. Brent

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

2.25 or 2.6 fits fine, drop front skid bolt to lower hole, rear bolt to center. Last year girlfriends Viper was 2.25 now its a 2.6.

Hey if you are coming west I might recommend TY advertiser Grand Mesa Lodge. 800 square miles of riding from trail riding to steep and deep. GML even rents powder sleds if you get froggy. :sled2:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grand-Mesa-Lodge/159315050759262

Back