• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail riding

munskindaddy

Extreme
Ok, here is the deal. 162, riding trail. Got the clutching done so it's not ringing out the tach. Scratchers down, seems to be all good. I'm new to the floats though. I know your supposed to adjust them in heated room with no weight on them. Does anyone know what they should read when the sled is just sitting on the ground in the cold. I don't have a way to adjust in the heat up in Michigan. And I mean all shock settings. I'm around 250. Problem currently is it steers hard and feels like it is way too stiff in the rear, like it bucks me. I'd never been sore after riding until I rode this. Any help would be appreciated.

You ideally want to check air pressure at temperature you ride at as air fluctuates with temp. If you set it in heated garage it will read lower when it cools off out side. There is no accurate way to measure air pressure when its sitting on ground. The slightest weight change on shock ramps of the air pressure. Pull it on a snow bank so skis are hanging, floor jack, have someone lift up on bumper, tip it on its side works if no sway bar. It doesnt have to be hanging as long as the shocks are topped out.

Oh I noticed you meant rear. same thing but just have someone top it out so no weight on shock. I do it myself by pushing up on running board while changing air pressure in rear shock. If your 250 lbs id say right about 150 psi in rear track shock. Find sweet spot by going 2 pounds at a time in either direction and testing but 145 to 150 should get you close. If you are too low it will be really harsh . Stock valving leaves alot to be desired but these sleds can be made to ride awesome with a simple revalve. The low speed rebound is too slow and high speed rebound too fast so its stiff in little bumps and kicks you in the butt on big bumps.The newer rear floats are way better than the older ones but still lots can be gained .

Ok, here is the deal. 162, riding trail. Got the clutching done so it's not ringing out the tach. Scratchers down, seems to be all good. I'm new to the floats though. I know your supposed to adjust them in heated room with no weight on them. Does anyone know what they should read when the sled is just sitting on the ground in the cold. I don't have a way to adjust in the heat up in Michigan. And I mean all shock settings. I'm around 250. Problem currently is it steers hard and feels like it is way too stiff in the rear, like it bucks me. I'd never been sore after riding until I rode this. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you just have the skid out

No, sled is new. Just trying to get a comfortable ride. Came off of an apex, and compared to it, this is rougher than hell. But hopefully will be able to make it right somehow.

You don't need a heated area to set the floats, I actually prefer setting them outside in the temperature I'm going to be riding in. At 250# your probably looking at running around 135psi in the rear float and 70-75 on the fronts. The heavy steering is due to the weak 110# center spring in the MTX and XTX models, upgrading to a 160# spring (aka "Bills Spring") helps lighten the front and at 250 you may even want to find a 180# spring.

Back