• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transfer rod ! Can i damage something without it ?

quebec#1

Expert
Inspected the rear suspension before a ride this weekend and noticed that a screw and nut were missing and the transfer rod was only attached to the lower bracket. Took it off and rode all weekend and noticed very little difference without it.
The tabs are bent and i guess would be weakened if bent back.
Can i do any real damage to the sled without the transfer rod ?
Im glad i caught it before my ride because it looked like it could have done some real damage to the track !

Attachments

• Picture 092 (Large).jpg
    Picture 092 (Large).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 84

I know some people take it out and love it with no problems, but I did hear that someone had the suspension buckle and it did not come back into place, I forget exactly what it was. I'm sure someone will chime in.

I think most people have problems with the 121's, Mine has been out for 2500km+ and everything is still good.

The arm will pivet and swing foward/down and jam itself (bolts stick out) in between the rails. no suspension at all.only suspension you have is your seat! need a real big pry bar to free-up,or remove suspension.can crack/bend rails,break suspension parts.happened to me twice when i removed my transfer-rod, lucky nothing happened,gouged up the inside of my rails thats all.

Mine did the same thing about 6000 miles ago. I bent the tabs back and reinstalled the transfer rod. I think the bolt shears after a while. The bolt from Yamaha has a new part # which leads me to believe this has been happening. I believe the bolt is a grade 10...but could be wrong.

My rod has been out for over 4000 miles... no issues.. now i have the 136 and i ride the F out of it... i've broke lots of other things, just nothing to do with the transfer rod.

For those of you that take the rod out, do tou get enough ski pressure in the corners? Also I noticed when riding at night with transfer in and set to max everytime I give it gas front end jumps up wifh the light and I can't see until I let off.

the min i let off, front plants down and corners just like it did before... i like to be able to get the front up, (my riding style).. i do alot of off trail, non groomed so when obsticles are in front it make alot easier to throttle over... it makes the sled feel lighter also, some hate the front up but i wont have it any other way...

aceltx09 said:
For those of you that take the rod out, do tou get enough ski pressure in the corners? Also I noticed when riding at night with transfer in and set to max everytime I give it gas front end jumps up wifh the light and I can't see until I let off.
I have snowtrackers and front suspension arms are level also the limiter strap 2 up (tighter) so i really didnt notice any difference without the transfer rod.
I like lots of ski pressure and mine seems to corner like its on rails !
Also have a 13 mm sway bar.

Biggest reason for leaving it in:
1) Track stab
2) The curvy part of the arm in the mono will cycle through its motion excessively, causing it to bend part of the vertically positioned apparatus attached to it.

Ran without it, and didnt miss the clunking in low speed chatter, but I didnt want to risk my sled.

if you dont jump the sled or hit any major mougals you can leave it out..

I have had it jam forward twice..

I love the sled without it.. Its sooo fun

All that i noticed was that you may possibly damage your freinds pride when they see youe Apex hanging them badass wheelies without it in . Thats soooo much fun though .

Gary..are you modding your sled...lol...had my wifes out for a day..seems to do more wheelies ..but it also looked like the suspention went lower without it..No Gaspie.Carl is broke..and needs money for deposit for new sled. :o| ...did you see the vide I made of him rolling down the hill.. :bling .lol...are you going to Mont Valin ?....jack

quebecmoutainrider said:
Gary..are you modding your sled...lol...had my wifes out for a day..seems to do more wheelies ..but it also looked like the suspention went lower without it..No Gaspie.Carl is broke..and needs money for deposit for new sled. :o| ...did you see the vide I made of him rolling down the hill.. :bling .lol...are you going to Mont Valin ?....jack
Jack i think my sled is falling apart like a chinese motorcycle !
Im looking at going with this guy Russ and his girlfriend and maybe 2 others for April the 8th or 9th for a few days. (MT-VALIN) As you know im more of a trail rider.
This weekend looking at riding the local trail near the cottage last weekend most were mint but the sun is taking it out on the snow.

Back