• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying out max spool 19

kuvasz

Expert
I've radar ran my sled all yr on max spool 20 and I decided I'd see how the max spool 19 would work. I found it worked better as long as you had good traction. Boost of max spool 20 was anywhere from 20.2 to 20.9lbs of boost depending on the temp and conditions of the day. My max spool 19 seems to always be around 19.8lbs of boost. I ran either tune with 94 octane, no race gas.
The sled ran 136mph with me on it(210lbs) in 1500' with the max 19. If we had a light weight guy around who knows how much we would've picked up? When we ran max 20 in north bay nbssr the sled picked up 3mph in 1320' with steve who weighs around 155lbs.
I know Tom said, Travis ran his '17 winder with the max 19 vs 20 and picked up 3mph in 1320'.
I think this is a better tune if you wanna drag race or radar run vs max 20. That's my opinion anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20190323_1610006.jpg
    IMG_20190323_1610006.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 482

I've radar ran my sled all yr on max spool 20 and I decided I'd see how the max spool 19 would work. I found it worked better as long as you had good traction. Boost of max spool 20 was anywhere from 20.2 to 20.9lbs of boost depending on the temp and conditions of the day. My max spool 19 seems to always be around 19.8lbs of boost. I ran either tune with 94 octane, no race gas.
The sled ran 136mph with me on it(210lbs) in 1500' with the max 19. If we had a light weight guy around who knows how much we would've picked up? When we ran max 20 in north bay nbssr the sled picked up 3mph in 1320' with steve who weighs around 155lbs.
I know Tom said, Travis ran his '17 winder with the max 19 vs 20 and picked up 3mph in 1320'.
I think this is a better tune if you wanna drag race or radar run vs max 20. That's my opinion anyway.
throw a td header on that sled , max 20 whats to make 22psi then settles at 20-21 , turn up your fuel reg to 50 psi , a/f 12. 3-12.5 wot , the header makes power

Thats totally normal results. The max 19 is just a number in reality it's also max 20 just a leaner version. The reason why it's only available to those with larger fuel pumps.

Max 20 on a stock fuel pump runs similar air fuel to max 19 on a big pump setup hence similar performance. The advantage of the big pump and since its richer you can run less octane and get away with it. Tons of customers running max 20 on fresh 91 without any issues. Although we don't advertise it as a 91 Tune.

Also, the big pump allows race map to be run.

throw a td header on that sled , max 20 whats to make 22psi then settles at 20-21 , turn up your fuel reg to 50 psi , a/f 12. 3-12.5 wot , the header makes power
Our header make stupid power spools quicker too
Unreal...

Hi Ben, what sort of power gains with the header are we talking here?
the td header makes power threw out the entire power band , like ben stated it also spools quicker , highly recommend the td fuel reg and td fuel pump with the current maps ,a max 17 with the td header has the power of a max19 without the header , so this would put max 17 with a header around 290 hp / 295 hp . im guessing ,

the td header makes power threw out the entire power band , like ben stated it also spools quicker , highly recommend the td fuel reg and td fuel pump with the current maps ,a max 17 with the td header has the power of a max19 without the header , so this would put max 17 with a header around 290 hp / 295 hp . im guessing ,
Ok, right now I'm up to BOV, 3 bar, cai, along with all the software of course. So my next step for mods would be the fuel pump and header if I want to take this sled to the next level.
One more question, sometimes I want/need to run the stock muffler, but I suppose it may negate the advantages of the header....?

Ok, right now I'm up to BOV, 3 bar, cai, along with all the software of course. So my next step for mods would be the fuel pump and header if I want to take this sled to the next level.
One more question, sometimes I want/need to run the stock muffler, but I suppose it may negate the advantages of the header....?[/QUOT
don't forget the td fuel reg , and a/f sensor , you will want to watch your a/f , this is were u can easily adjust your fuel pressure to assist with fine tuning to run safe a/f . im running the td 3 inch muffler , I could only guess the stock muffler would be very restricted with the header , this would be a question for ben .

I'd say more... Max 17 like 300hp now.

Max 20 315hp plus.

TD stage 6 kicks it il another notch. Max 17 feels like 22 psi of boost.

If need be can you run the SM tunes with the header and fuel pump upgrade? I like to run as much HP as possible but go places that I need to run the SM sometimes. I would imagine you cam make a SM set of tunes to work with that hardware setup.

what kinda power could i expect if i bought the trail header and the larger intercooler with max spool 19 or 20? if maxspool 17 is around 22 would 20 be around 25lbs? that'd be sweet.

Back