• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying to buy a new Sled

DGZRT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Vector shorty, 17 Shitdoo 1200X, 2000- pullmyass-340 for Grandkids
113786054_1thumb_770x574.jpg

So on Saturday I finally get the ok from better half to buy a new sled !! I have been looking around and found a 2012 vector LTX with 1 mile on it and when I called it was sold. So the sales guy tries to sell me this 2014 that is brand new . I look it over figured I would ask him to come down $200 on the price . He tells me no problem let me talk to my manager and get you the best out the door price he can!
So the sled is listed for 8995.00 + tax .

So I get a call back about 20 mins later. In the mean time I'm hooking up the trailer and getting ready to go
The salesman is real nice and polite and comes back with THE BEST OUT THE DOOR PRICE IS?

$ 10319.00 I'm kind of speechless and ask if we are talking about the 2014 Vector and he says yes I am.
So I say thank you for your time and hang up the phone.
8995 + 495 tax = 9490
So that gives him 829 .00 for documentation fees and Setup??? Not going to happen! Is everyone else finding the same thing or is this the only dealer trying to get this kind of money? I figured I might as well wait for the 2016 and see what happens.

Tell them you will do the documentation! All you have to do is take a couple forms to your local DMV/game and fish (or whatever entity does it for snowmobiles in your state). I do it myself for all vehicles I buy.

I did think about that . And I don't need the setup I could do it myself. I guess I was so taken back I just said Screw it! There is no mention of any extra cost in there Ad . I did buy my first Yamaha from an AD online from a dealer and there was 175.00 documentation fee and setup . That is why I was trying to get them to come down just a few hundred bucks . I figure with the snow cover the way it is there will be lots of 15's left over next year!

Hey Dan, that's MY sled!!!! Well it doesn't have the dampeners on it.......no loss IMO. The Gunmetal Blue is different but not "strikingly different". You'll only find that color on 14 Vector's and they are hard to come by.

This dealer wouldn't be over in the Fox Valley are they? Don't tell me it's the WI Rapids dealer??!! Sounds like the 'ole "bait and switch" game. Too many honest dealers out there to drive to.

Email me the story!

Hey Jim , Yes just like your sled. If you go on Snowmobiletrader.com and look under Yamaha Vector for WI . It will be one of the first one's that pop up. My brother wanted me to call up and bitch them out for not putting anything in there AD. He said FALSE advertising. I guess I have been in the business too long to know it's legal just not ethical! Anyway we have another week of vacation coming up next week and he doesn't want my sled breaking down again. (AKA the header pipe breaking ) . We will be in Rhinelander all week from the 16th thru the 20th. You should come over for a ride so I can see what I'm missing with the power steering.

Hey Jim , Yes just like your sled. If you go on Snowmobiletrader.com and look under Yamaha Vector for WI . It will be one of the first one's that pop up. My brother wanted me to call up and bitch them out for not putting anything in there AD. He said FALSE advertising. I guess I have been in the business too long to know it's legal just not ethical! Anyway we have another week of vacation coming up next week and he doesn't want my sled breaking down again. (AKA the header pipe breaking ) . We will be in Rhinelander all week from the 16th thru the 20th. You should come over for a ride so I can see what I'm missing with the power steering.

Oh those guys. Haven't heard one good thing about them.

Next week huh? I'm not home now but will check the schedule and let you know ASAP.

Yes , the Vector is a couple of grand less.

thank you very much first time on the site .you folks must be in the US cuz a new Apex is around 16000 here in eastern Canada.

I feel sorry for you guy's up in Canada! It's not fair you have to pay more.

Yes you are right I bought my sled down in Maine quite a bit cheaper than I could buy it at home it was used 2011 apex with power steering I really like it only has 900 miles on it that was before our dollar plunged

For what it is worth, that sled is still listed. They just put it there to try to get some phone calls. I've seen some other good deals in the area on new ones, showing that $8995 price. I call and ask about setup fees and no one is ever available to answer that question. I figured that was the reason.

This also screws up people trying to sell their sleds. Everyone thinks they are high because "I saw where I can get a brand new one for not much more"

Good ole' fashioned bait n switch! These tactics gives good, reputable dealers like Port Yamaha (in this same region) a bad name.

Back