• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner Skis and Snowtrackers

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
So i recently purchased a 2014 Viper LTX and it has the Tuner 3 on it currently. It is in need of new carbides, and I was going to put shapers on there, but shapers are like 85+ a pair so my thought was why not just get the snowtrakkers since I have tested them on my vector and they worked well.

Anyone have these? To give you background, 99% of my riding is on Trail.

Two of my friends have 15 ltx with tuners and snowtrackers ,no darting but they say they sometimes get a bit of push while cornering .

I would think you would be better off going to a single keel ski like the Cat skis. Trackers work great and no push on the Doo skis.
I was thinking about that, but really didnt want to send 200 on skis and then 200 on snow trackers....

There is just something about the Tuners that does not work. The post above stating that trackers on tuners push tells me to stay away from that setup. The Tracker main bar is like a skate blade. It's tall and narrow and by design should never push unless there is nothing to grab. I put the Aggressive setup on the Doo and she hasn't complained once since doing so. Only thing I've seen is low snow conditions she has wedged a rock a couple of times in front where the tracking keels funnel in. I just had to lift the ski tip and it fell out. She didn't really even notice I just saw the spray.

I'm trying curves with 6" sharpers this year but ran the stock cat skiies with semi snowtrackers I had a little push at times , if I'm not happy with the curve set up I'll be going back to the cat skies with aggressive snowtrackers .

Yes aggressive trackers on the stock single keel skis work the best of all imo.

I've tryed everything slim jims duallies.....
My wife absolutely loves them on her sled...
Once set up properly the is 0 push/or darting

Can anyone tell me what the proper ski alignment is on the 15 ltx. The Snowtrackers instruction want 0 degrees (parallel skies) but my sits with a 1/4” out at the toes. I have no problem setting them at “0” but just want to know what the 15 ltx calls for?

Been running trackers for ever! Set skis at 0 (perfectly straight )

Been running trackers for ever! Set skis at 0 (perfectly straight )
Thanks. When you aligned your skis did you have to loosen the inner nut on the tie rod or can you get it close but just loosening the outer nut and spin the tie rod?

Thanks. When you aligned your skis did you have to loosen the inner nut on the tie rod or can you get it close but just loosening the outer nut and spin the tie rod?
They both have to be loosened then adjusted tie rod and tighten back up!
Pretty easy just pull the heads on the black clips to get boot off

Have you ever ran trackers? If not make sure to crank up center shock close to were is was when the dealer set it up(stock/manufacturer setting)! Start with light pressure on skis then add pressure until you like it! You will find the sweet spot were you have light steeting and it will rail!! Text me if you want after you got skis straight and ill give you were i have my suspension set up

Back