• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel bag fell off

Sledroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX LE
2017 SW LTX LE
Anyone had this happen while driving ?
Just happened on my 22 SRX and couldn't find the bag.
Are there ways to make this semi hard bag less likely to fall off ?

I never liked the quarter turn knobs and plastic nuts. I simply removed those parts and replaced with larger diameter fender washers/allen head bolts on the inside of the bag with washers/nuts under the tunnel. Simple, cheap, and totally secure way to keep the bag attached to the sled.

lol lost mine to this weekend in and around minising /orillia trails. mine was medium size

Maybe some Good Samaritan found it and will post it on Facebook lost and found

The bolt it down is a good idea unless you want to take it off regularly

Hopefully you get it back

I thought one of the nuts was stripped until I noticed the post it was on was spinning. It's a pretty solid lock when tight and I find it hard to believe both would come out. Even then I'm surprised the bag popped up and fell out. I think mine is the medium bag which is a tight fit under the seat.

I thought one of the nuts was stripped until I noticed the post it was on was spinning. It's a pretty solid lock when tight and I find it hard to believe both would come out. Even then I'm surprised the bag popped up and fell out. I think mine is the medium bag which is a tight fit under the seat.
I believe when properly tightened down it is very secure as I rode 600 miles with it on .
I believe it was removed and not refastened properly !
Not by me .

I believe when properly tightened down it is very secure as I rode 600 miles with it on .
I believe it was removed and not refastened properly !
Not by me .

Bummer, keep your eyes on the area Facebook pages. Maybe someone found it.

I didn't like the looks of the quarter-turn fasteners either so I assembled them off the sled and used some longer 10-32 screws with fender washers and lock nuts to secure it on.

Checked my 22 SRX bag after I read your post and sure enough one of the plastic nuts was completely off. Sorry for your lost bag but thanks for the heads up

Just got the new large bag back on today, the large bag now comes with the cams and short straps that go to the hole on the underside of rear bumper near tunnel.

Last edited:
My 2022 srx has metal lock nuts not going anyware

Back