• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel Polishing

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
Many have done this, but some have not. So I documented my annual tunnel polishing.

This is a quick rundown on the process to polish your aluminum tunnel. It includes quick tips, tools, and procedures to get a near mirror finish. Of course I could have taken this up to 1500 grit paper, but 1000 grit is giving me the finish I'm looking for.

I have a friend that ownes a polishing company. They do alot for auto industry... if needed let me know I can help out..

605ABFEF-213F-4AD7-A24C-1CFB7A24C2C5.jpeg
4BA2830F-317D-4D66-8ADA-37A7ACEC4D9E.jpeg
Got bored and inspired by Biff’s post so I polished my belt guard.

My tunnel is painted :(

You guys are a bunch of damn show-off! Just kidding, nice work

Great video. Can’t wait to do the wife’s Vector.

I got sick and tired of doing my 14 viper ltx I put a tunnel wrap on and my fingers have felt better ever since!

Looks great guys ! ! I have other stuff that is polished , sled is not .. I can and have spent cleaning and 8hrs polishing other Toyz. Then spending another hour in shower cleaning up myself ...

Tip.....every spring after washing ur sled and getting it ready for storage spray all metal parts down with WD-40. This will cut down on tunnel/aluminum corrosion as well as rust on any exposed metal.

Great information and video! I will need to polish my Nytro this summer and will rely on this post.

Back