• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo or supercharger on my nytro?

snownutz

Expert
All set to put a power adder to my sled. I want a pump gas kit that can be easily adjusted to a higher hp down the road. Really want to be around 200 hp on pump gas. Was curious on your opinion by what you are running or have run. Was looking at the ulmer turbo and the mpi stage 1 supercharger. Thanks for any info.

Supercharger if you like to trail ride. SC is much more responsive than a turbo in my opinion. I have had both,and prefer the SC!

depends on how much you push the throttle down, 200 hp or what ever you decide on is going to eat more gas than 140.

10-13 is what I have experienced. When I have been in the gas hard 6-8.. mpg

Have'nt tested it on trail riding yet. But it does seem to use a bit more gas than before ... a increase of about 40% from without the turbo..
It has to be said that that was in the pow, on the first rides with the turbo.. So I was quite much on/off the throttle all the time.

That being said i think the fuel consumption will be lower when we get more snow and better trails later in the season.

Fuel consumption will be much less with the mcx 180 over the mpi supercharger. Both make a great kit, you wont be dissapointed with either.

I am running 9 psi on my Nytro, it eats gas!!! if i am thumping it, 5-6 mpg if i am riding along with buddies, 8-9 mpg. That is real world.

It's fast, and will pass anything but a gas station.

Last year running as a low boost kit 7-8 lbs 200hp I could get about 90-100 miles/tank at best, this year running 12-18 lbs about 80-90 miles/tank. Powder lites stage 2 tuned by Hurricane Performance

Dimebag said:
I run a MCX 180 turbo kit on my Nytro, it runs on stock compression and there is no turbo lag at all. Just a wicked throttle response. I love it.

X 2 ;)!

14-16 mpg is average with a turbo kit u get mileage down the trail then its pretty low at full load when climbing like around 9-10 mpg in the deep powder

Back