• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo viper mtx

petetown

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 nytro xtx boooooosted!!!
So I see a factory promo I add the mpi turbo can you get this installed from factory setup for us low elevation guys 1500ft or is that only a 6000+ ft deal?

It's only suppose to be for 6000' feet or above...

YamahaTim said:

Not really true, mpi has stated on here that it is also available for the sea level guys, anchorage yamaha has been offering the powersurge deal for a couple/few years now

natedawgedog said:
YamahaTim said:

Not really true, mpi has stated on here that it is also available for the sea level guys, anchorage yamaha has been offering the powersurge deal for a couple/few years now

True, but that's not a spring order option, it's just buy and install, with no factory warranty. Yamaha is only giving that 2000 deal with m models and XTX with 2.25 track, and certain states. MPI has a low cost turbo kit, for us but it's not a Yamaha thing it's just like what I got, but no intercooler and maybe some other things.

Yes it is being offered by yamaha for sea-level guys here in Alaska as the spring pre-order deals. With warranty and all.

Has any seen a 2015 accessories catalog yet? My guess is that they will be offering the same kit as a yamaha accessory that is available on the mtx models, just not at $2000. The mpi trail kit w/o innercooler

natedawgedog said:
Yes it is being offered by yamaha for sea-level guys here in Alaska as the spring pre-order deals. With warranty and all.

It is likely only being offered on the MTX & XTX LE models though, which are eligible to buy with the MPI turbo kit in a lot of states (even ones below 6,000 foot). If Yamaha can prove that the turbo kit caused an engine failure though you are going to be playing with fire on your warranty.

My dealer told me 5 years warranty possible with turbo on MTX, we are 0-3000 feet but sled will have to be calibrated and installed by a turbo shop who sell yamaha further south.

G-force or gagné lessard in montreal i think

Tricky Nick said:
Yes the advertisment on Yamaha's web site does say the turbo is for 6k+ riding altitude. Here in south central Alaska we only ride 0-3500ft and my dealer said that they would still honer full engine warranty with the turbo. They have been operating Nytros with pump gas turbos 5-7lbs boost for years at sea level without a problem and thats just what the MPI turbo is a 5-7lbs pump gas turbo.

instead of rewriting this i just quoted myself from another thread

Back