• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo

viperjeff

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1999 sx 700(traded)
2006 apex gt(traded)
2011 nytro xtx
2015 viper mtx 153 mpi turbo ordered
Just wondering who if anyone has received their turbo yet. I have my mtx but the dealer said that turbos should be there middle of the month. I could not wait with snow on ground.

Just wondering who if anyone has received their turbo yet. I have my mtx but the dealer said that turbos should be there middle of the month. I could not wait with snow on ground.

MPI is shipping 25+ kits a day, so ya there should be more than just a few out there floating around...

Hopefully it will be here this week. This thing already rocks with out the turbo, looking forward to feeling the power.

20141110_105423_zps0d695d4d.jpg

Its awesome. I'll have to talk to my dealer because i think there's something wrong with my skis they never touch the ground lol

I was hoping you were going to say that. At least you are saving on carbides lol

How much boost do you drive with?? :)
What type of clutch-setup do you have?? :)
I have just mounted a MCxpress 190hp on my viper mtx 153".... I'm going to install suptip arms in the premiereclutch but don't know how much wheights i'm shall ad? :)

I have OSP turbo with supertips. Size 60y. They are set up with the 2 tungsten in the farthest in and one stack of 4 washers in the mid. Have not run much but it is close. Yellow-white-yellow spring with 2, 1 mm shims in primary. 46/40 helix set at 70 degrees wrap. This setup is for low altitude. I am going to Colorado to ride next week and will adjust there for 10000 ft. Hope this helps.

I have OSP turbo with supertips. Size 60y. They are set up with the 2 tungsten in the farthest in and one stack of 4 washers in the mid. Have not run much but it is close. Yellow-white-yellow spring with 2, 1 mm shims in primary. 46/40 helix set at 70 degrees wrap. This setup is for low altitude. I am going to Colorado to ride next week and will adjust there for 10000 ft. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I think I'll start with the premiereclutch first, and if i'm not saticfied i will try a Yellow arctic spring in the secondary. I will run on low altitude, at most 4000ft :)

I got my sled a couple weeks ago (SR L TX DX) and ordered the snow check turbo. my dealer called the other day and said it was in so i went over to check it out. i was there when they opened the box. no turbo, they sent a supercharger. Have not got an answer from Yamaha about how to proceed. We got 38" of lake effect yesterday and i am itching to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got my sled a couple weeks ago (SR L TX DX) and ordered the snow check turbo. my dealer called the other day and said it was in so i went over to check it out. i was there when they opened the box. no turbo, they sent a supercharger. Have not got an answer from Yamaha about how to proceed. We got 38" of lake effect yesterday and i am itching to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I had 38 inches of fresh snow I would be riding my viper stock until the dealer got the turbo that I ordered.

Back