• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using SeaFoam in season / quantity

additives

nice vid and thanks for the input. He certainly covered the products so his liability is a non issue, but as a fyi I have used two of the three products before, one is startron, one is seafoam, and the other, the BC3 is on my shopping list ;>)

Neal

hey a big thanks to all of you for the props on the video. i just wanted to show people about a product that works. thanks again TY world!!!!!!!

It might be good for stabilizing fuel. Their website states "average horsepower increases 15%" and " fuel usage is reduced up to 15%".
So, I can put a this in my sled and get the same 20hp that a yamachager gives me? And get better fuel mileage?
Really?

i didn't believe it... until i tried it when i stored my sled. the first thing i noticed when i cracked my gas cap after it was in storage was the fuel smelled fresh , second i siphoned some out and it was clear as a bell, started no problem and ran fine. can't wait to actually take it for a good rip and report.
i'm glad i discovered it.....

Where can you buy "mechanic in a bottle" in Canada??

RIGIDONE said:
Vectornut said:
What ever you choose to use for what ever purpose, it is my understanding there is nothing that can prevent or slow :phase Separation" Nothing. If there was a solution to this problem, the oil companies would be using it as phase separation is a big problem for them too. Let's hear it from the experts and your thoughts on this topic too.

did u watch the video???? i created phase separation, reversed phase separation, and prevented it from happening again in the fuel i treated...

not trying to be a jerk, but do you think the oil companies care about what we put in our gas tanks?? if they did they wouldnt have added ethanol in the first place..oil companies care about $$$$$$ and that is the bottom line.. look at their profits, they are making mad $$$$$$...

Rigidone, for chits and giggles I bought 4 bottles off the engine Energy for an upcoming trip. Is this a new company and/or product? I haven't found any reviews anywhere really. Only place I've really seen B3C touted is on here, and by you. Just curious about what it is that I'm about to put in my tank. Seen the video, just can't find real world reviews.
Thanks.

GeorgianBayGuy said:
1/ can or should it be used in season? We are often getting winter fuel from some 'interesting' places, like marinas with 6 month old gas and such.

2/ I cannot seem to find a chart that provides ratio of SeaFoam to gas, so I've been liberal. Going forward can someone suggest how much to add?

Bonus question: what is in this stuff?

1/ You can use Seafoam in-season, you can use it anytime.

2/ One ounce per gallon.

Sorry, I cannot help with the bonus question.

It works to rid moisture in the gas, works as a cleaning agent, and storing agent. I put it in my vehicles and power tools once a year, and for items that get stored for the season get treated at the end of the season. Years ago I had a weed trimmer and had not heard of Seafoam. The trimmer would take a while for it to get up to speed, so once the throttle was pulled, I wouldn't let off until I was done trimming. I poured some in the gas, shook it up, ran the trimmer, and it cleared up before the tank was empty. Seafoam claims it can be put in the crankcase, however, I haven't done that and have not intention to do so, maybe Marvel Mystery Oil might be a better option for that.

blkmax600 said:
Where can you buy "mechanic in a bottle" in Canada??

not sure if you can buy it in canada, i have talked with a ty member in canada about getting him some..

guardrail said:
It might be good for stabilizing fuel. Their website states "average horsepower increases 15%" and " fuel usage is reduced up to 15%".
So, I can put a this in my sled and get the same 20hp that a yamachager gives me? And get better fuel mileage?
Really?

i dont think that will happen..lol.. alls i noticed was better throttle response and pull thru the rpm range.. on the fuel milage thing i actually noticed a drop in mpg by a total of 10 miles on a full tank as did another member on here(porkchop) with the same sled as mine (both were phazers).. i can tell you i was having way more fun that day with the slight increase in power, so i might have been on the fun flipper a little more..

birdmayon said:
RIGIDONE said:
Vectornut said:
What ever you choose to use for what ever purpose, it is my understanding there is nothing that can prevent or slow :phase Separation" Nothing. If there was a solution to this problem, the oil companies would be using it as phase separation is a big problem for them too. Let's hear it from the experts and your thoughts on this topic too.

did u watch the video???? i created phase separation, reversed phase separation, and prevented it from happening again in the fuel i treated...

not trying to be a jerk, but do you think the oil companies care about what we put in our gas tanks?? if they did they wouldnt have added ethanol in the first place..oil companies care about $$$$$$ and that is the bottom line.. look at their profits, they are making mad $$$$$$...

Rigidone, for chits and giggles I bought 4 bottles off the engine Energy for an upcoming trip. Is this a new company and/or product? I haven't found any reviews anywhere really. Only place I've really seen B3C touted is on here, and by you. Just curious about what it is that I'm about to put in my tank. Seen the video, just can't find real world reviews.
Thanks.

i would say they are a relatively new company, i think they have been around for 3 or 4 years, definitely not as long as a seafoam or stp.. im a lawn jockey not a scientist, i do know it is non petroleum based and it is 100% synthetic.. msds sheets are available online if you can understand them..

just do this on your trip.. first day ride with the normal non-treated fuel reset your odometer and see how many miles you get and try and be aware if throttle response and pull thru the rpm range.. the next day fill up and throw a bottle of EE in.. see what you notice.." the proof is in the pudding" I actually noticed a small decrease in miles i got on a full tank.. i usually get about 100 miles on a full tank in my phazer till the light comes on and when i put the EE in i got 90miles to my full tank till the light came on.. but the increase in throttle response and pull thru the rpm range was definitely noticeable and well worth the 10 mile decrease.. and let us all know what you find out!!!! :Rockon:

Back