• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vertical steering

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Anyone switch to the vertical steering on there sidewinder or older vipers? Like it better?
Being 6’5” I’m having issues with the bars being to low. My viper has the lay down steering so the longer riser moves you back further if you want to keep the post parallel with the riser.

I was thinking maybe a set of cfr crowbar handlebars will give a 1” vertical rise.

Does a guy need the goofy tripod off the 15-16 viper or can you go with the cat vertical steering without the tripod ?

Anyone switch to the vertical steering on there sidewinder or older vipers? Like it better?
Being 6’5” I’m having issues with the bars being to low. My viper has the lay down steering so the longer riser moves you back further if you want to keep the post parallel with the riser.

I was thinking maybe a set of cfr crowbar handlebars will give a 1” vertical rise.

Does a guy need the goofy tripod off the 15-16 viper or can you go with the cat vertical steering without the tripod ?
I switched to the vertical steering(goofy tripod) on my sidewinder .Yes,i like it better.I found a used one off of 16 viper mtx and followed the instructions on a thread on here.Do not know if cat one works or not or if it would require modifications. I also added a adjustable riser to it and original throttle cable is long enough.

I've tried both and I like vertical a lot better, I'm 5'8". Steering feels way more predictable.

Anyone have the setup kicking around cause they switch to flat?

I switched to the vertical steering(goofy tripod) on my sidewinder .Yes,i like it better.I found a used one off of 16 viper mtx and followed the instructions on a thread on here.Do not know if cat one works or not or if it would require modifications. I also added a adjustable riser to it and original throttle cable is long enough.
What parts where needed when changed other then tripod? Any modification?

You need the whole mtx vertical steering post with the tripod.Only mod was to the plastic shroud to make room for the tripod support bar.If you do a search "vertical steering" it explains how to do it, that is what I followed.

That goofy tri pod adds a TON of strength to the steering post. End of last season my buddy totally snapped his post off on a 16 m8000....

Yes I had it put on day one. Never rode my sled stock or with the stock steering. That said im 6'1'' and all my prior sleds had higher bars. They still seem low for my liking but the rider forward is a must...

Attachments

• 2018 MTX.JPG
    2018 MTX.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 83

Back