• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WATER

attakmod said:
What can I do to stop water from getting on my belt?

The water your getting is being forced in by the track near the front heat exchanger, flooding the bottom part of your engine bay and water is getting on your belt from in behind the reduction drive and the coolant tube

I made a temporary plate last year and used aluminum foil tape to fill the gaps, and I ran kilometers of water, no problem. Beforehand Id be in a near vertical wheelie on water and slip the belt (indicating its not coming in from the panels)

This year its an all aluminum plate backed up by aluminum tape

Attachments

• P1030796 (Large).JPG
    P1030796 (Large).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 97
I am not totally sure on the apex body panels but I sealed up all the cracks around my belly pan and side panel with silicone. One way is to remove both clutches then turn the lights off in the shop and use a trouble light under the sled, if you see light fill it in with silicone. Now tip the sled on it's side put the trouble light under the hood and look again.

The plate shown above is a great idea.

attakmod said:
What did you do?

Just being a smart a$$, by pointing to my avatar. but those 15 kms on water cost me a clutch, lucky nothing else. Melted holes right through the primary sheave!!

rancidjo said:
I sealed up all the cracks around my belly pan and side panel with silicone. One way is to remove both clutches then turn the lights off in the shop and use a trouble light under the sled, if you see light fill it in with silicone.

yep that is what i did...siliconed all around under clutch....i run water all the time with my pex...

Dan

attakmod said:
15 kms, sweet

not all in one stretch, so not as impresive....lol

gas - $8
can of wd-40 - $6
3 skid bearings - $33
grease - $2
primary clutch off TY - $300
playing in water, learning how to turn on water, having fun & showing off - priceless

when we looked at the damage to the clutch my buddy asks me "Do you regret doing that now?" I say "Did it look cool?" he says "yep" I reply "Then it was worth the $300 a hour".....lol

We do alot of it around here in the spring, me and my buddy went 1/2 a mile on water in one run, alot of people said we were sick but it was fun LOL. Thoes zx's are good on it.

attakmod said:
We do alot of it around here in the spring, me and my budy went 1/2 a mile on water in one run, alot of people said we were sick but it was fun LOL. Thoes zx's are good it.

yeah my buddy wouldn't do it, others said I was crazy...all in good fun i say. And I learned a lesson...seal them up if your doing lots of water.

attakmod said:
We do alot of it around here in the spring, me and my budy went 1/2 a mile on water in one run, alot of people said we were sick but it was fun LOL. Thoes zx's are good it.

yeah i was a DOO guy for 25 yrs...ran water on my machs all the time,now i keep it to 500 ft or soo on pex.....clutch gets alittle funny with my clutch kit when i really hit throttle hard on long water hauls...dont want to sink a 4 stroker...lol

Dan

I try to only skip over 500 feet or less also... We used to go up the lake in the spring and play all the time in the flow, skipping over long stretches of open water on our little poo's Now that I have a bigger heavier nicer apex. Im not so quick to run it over water... I only skip over what I have to to get to the next bar... lol....

Back