• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight

did you do anything to upgrade your Apex XTX , like the star kit , etc ?
I did and I am worried I will miss the 144 tipped advantage , to handle the power !
No,but if I had been keeping it,i was thinking about it,as stock set up,was terrible,IMO had push,and bad ride,i adjusted everything I could and even drilled extra holes in the limiter straps to suck down for cornering,and had shaper aggressive bars on,and it would still not bite when I needed it to,was a hand full at speed,and at slow wife trail speed kick the crap out of my guts,and I was not ready to dump thousands into this sled,like I have a lot in the past,i really liked the ride and handling of my 13 cat turbo,but the reliability was so bad,i just could not stand it any longer.

I saw a Swedish specs sheet from Arctic Cat where the XF 9000 153 weighed 241 kg dry. (531 lbs). If that is correct then it should be somewhere around that for the sidewinders as well.

Our local Cat dealer had a demo 137 9000 RR in the spring. It had 280 kg / 616 pds stamped on the tunnel. Obviously these are not production so maybe they will be a bit lighter this fall. I don't suspect it will change much though.

Our local Cat dealer had a demo 137 9000 RR in the spring. It had 280 kg / 616 pds stamped on the tunnel. Obviously these are not production so maybe they will be a bit lighter this fall. I don't suspect it will change much though.

I think that's the weight dry and crated though...

Maybe. I'm not sure why they would put the crated dry weight on the tunnel. I will be surprised if they are much south 600pds dry.

Either way, I don't put much thought or care into the weight since I started buying 4 stroke sleds in 2012. The benefits are much more important to me.

Last edited:
The weight stamped is the weight in running order. At least in Sweden so 280 would be wet and fully fueled.

New dyno numbers have put this sled at 204 HP. Wish we knew the weight.

New dyno numbers have put this sled at 204 HP. Wish we knew the weight.
Dealer weighed my btx with just less than half tank of gas. Came out to 585lbs. So he told me.

Finally put 80km on it. Man it rides fantastic. Doesn't feel much heavier then the viper xtx I had.

So, would it be safe to say an LTX would be a fuzz under 640? Ready to ride of course. This dry weight is bull sh*t.... Who rides a sled on empty and no oil in it?

Back