• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are the best snowmobile boots?

Irv said:
upei93 said:
Irv said:
This past winter I purchased some liners for my older CKX boots, they are rated to -70 so they should be fairly warm/hot?

Just another option if your not into spending some coin on some new boots?

Where did you get them??

I got them from Oshawa Snowmobile Clinic (local place for me)

I don't believe they are true CKX replacments but they fit my boot so I purchased them.
Thinking they were around $40-$50 for the pair(yea, we get hosed in Canada!)

Thanks...I think I'm going to try these...
http://www.thefeltstore.com/Portal.aspx ... D9BA4E3927

I like my Klim Radium boots for XC racing and aggressive riding. They are stiff, supportive, warm and water proof.

For trail riding and exploring I use military surplus Bunny Boots. Bunny boots are very popular here in Alaska. They are super warm, water proof and the best feature of all is if you break through ice and get your feet soaked they won't freeze. The bunny boot's insulation is encapsulated between two layers of rubber so it can't get wet. The downsides are they are heavy, don't breath, have zero support and are not very durable.

Just want to point out that some boots are to tall to fit in toeholds like the tight ones on the apex/vectors. I bought a pair of Yamaha Polar boots and couldnt wear them on my attack because the boot would not fit in the toe holds. Last year at the snow show I had my son try many boots on but then sit on a sled like his. That is the way to try them as some fit him great but didnt like the feel on the sled. Its hard to tell how warm they are but fit is important also.

bottlerocket said:
Just want to point out that some boots are to tall to fit in toeholds like the tight ones on the apex/vectors. I bought a pair of Yamaha Polar boots and couldnt wear them on my attack because the boot would not fit in the toe holds. Last year at the snow show I had my son try many boots on but then sit on a sled like his. That is the way to try them as some fit him great but didnt like the feel on the sled. Its hard to tell how warm they are but fit is important also.

Good points, I haven't tried my older CKX's to see if they fit on my Vector, hope I'm not in the market for new one's now too?

KLIM ADRENALINE"S. I used to where 3 pairs of socks with my old boots. I purchased the Klim Adrenalines and a pair of their socks. Now I'm warm and toasty. Worth every penny. Wait for the snow show for good deals on these. Try to get the newer model. I think the older one had problems with the lace system.

All my gear is Coldwave-
The boots I have are really light, rated for 45 below and comfy. I just wear a thin pair of non cotton socks and have no problems with them. They were like $109 @ The Big East sled show in Syracuse last fall.
Got the Wife on her own sled last year (she hates the cold to begin with) and she's decked out in Coldwave as well with NO complaints of being cold so I just keep riding LOL :-o

Re: boots

grumpysanta said:
I have altimate . and found them to be very good , sizes are small so order a little bigger , and they also make the boots for Yamaha

They make boots for SkiDoo also.

These boots those boots...they are all no good...If you dont dry them at night.or even carry a pair of socks for when your feet sweat in the day.put a new pair when the sun goes down..the moisture is what kills the boot..you can have cheap ones that dont breath..just got to dry them more..I have a pair for wet snow dry snow and for really cold days..I ride more than 5 days a week..

It sounds funny, but I actually carry 2 bread bags with me when I ride.
If my feet DO get sweaty (which doesn't happen often as I've got wick away moisture type socks) OR wet from stepping in a huge water hole, I use the bags as a water/ heat barrier...

My buddy & I were riding on Tug Hill, NY last year at just about dusk and came across a woman standing next to the trail, she flagged us down. Her husband had buried his 'Cat in almost 2 1/2-3' of water when he broke thru a semi frozen mud hole going slow and it was litterly freezing in there.
We got his sled out (pulling it with our 2 sleds/ him pushing- my buddy rode the other one across it later on). His feet were soaked and no way was he going to get them somewhat warm before getting back to Flat Rock Inn with the temps outside. We told him to take off his boots and socks, dump the water out and start rubbing his bare feet to get some heat in them- gave him the bread bags to wear and an old pair of work gloves I had in my bag, anything to cut down on frostbite....
Hey, might have saved his feet/ hands from alot of future agony and helped out a fellow rider get back on the trail in the process.
BREAD BAGS WORK ;)

I actually wear wolverine hunting boots with gor-tex and thinsulate down to -60degrees.

I just cant get comfy in anything else, and frankly the work 100 times better then the crap riding boots most companies offer. Been using the same pair for 7 years now.

Back