• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what to do with the 2 lines out of the air box

newbluerider1

Veteran
Again thanks for all the input guys. I have spent all summer working on my sled, we found fox floats 2 for the front, put 165 jets and 22.5 in the sled with red springs, and cr10ek plugs, put a heavy hitters clutch kit in it and a a white spring in the seconadary,stuffed 5 inches of foam in the seat, we also added the k& n filters w/prefilters, but what do you do with small line on the right side and and the large hose on the left side of the engine after removing the factory airbox, I'm a little nervous about ice and water getting sucked in my engine( also put black pantyhose on the air vents all the way around...lol I did not buy the ecp, just the filters and pre filters, this is the last thing left to do before the snow flys for my sled. Thanks David

the small line on the right side if sitting on the sled is a drain line as for the case vent i would rout a line from the spiggot to in between the filters and put a kn filter on the line

The small line is a drain from the airbox. Just ty wrap it out of the way.
The other hose is the crankcase vent. You can either put a filter on the end of it an and run the hose up towards the steering colum, or add an evac to the filters. When you buy the whole kit it comes with a tower filter for that hose. You need to vent the crankcase.
There is a ton of info in the 4stroke air intake section. There are pictures of where the guys routed the hose with the extra filter.

This is how I did mine.

www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=34592&highlight=

I also have the filter that came with the kit. I will look for it and see if there is a nuber on it. I made the evac, so never used the filter.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Back