• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to wear

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
I think I'm in need of some new riding gear. I have a HJC Floatex Survivor suit I bought last year. It is great and servss its purpose but I find it doesn't breath at all and I sweat way too much when riding. What is everyone else wearing to keep warm and dry. I am thinking Klim gear.

Klim is by far the best gear I've had.Breathes great and surprisingly warm for how thing the layers are. Look around for a deal. There are some out there.

4 seasons with my Klim gear and it's still working as advertised. Just remember you HAVE to layer! Saddlebaggging, I'll wear UnderArmor ColdGear base, Klim fleece midlayer, TekVest, and my Tomahawk jacket and Valdez bibs. Boondocking, base, upper fleece, Tekvest and outer layer. When its warm, just the base, Tekvest and outer layer. Never been wet. And once you're working up a sweat, open the vents and perspiration is whisked away. I also wear Adrenaline GTX boots and their socks. Best on the market IMHO. Light, supportive, warm and DRY!! I do have 2 styles of their gloves, not as impressed with them. I use their older style balaclave and it works great! Ride in all conditions with a HJC and goggles. Hope this helps you in some way ;)!

So far so good. I layer now but find the HJC terrible for breathing but I guess if I go in the water it will float me. Right now I'm thinking Tomahawk parka and togwatee bib. I have the togwatee gloves now and find them good. As for boots I can't part with my sorel glaciers.

One season with Klim and you won't go back to anything else. Two of my buddies bought after I did because it was so wind proof. I bought the Klimate Jacket and so did they. We all really like it. One of my buddies bought a heated jacket that plugs in. Really sweet when extremely cold. They breathe stop the wind and yes you have to layer. The Klimate is 2 layers of Gortex so iti is waterproof as well. Can't go wrong with Klim!

Each year I get a little more Klim gear. I wear duo-fold Polyester thermals, fleece sweats, Kilmate bibs, Tek-Vest, and Yamaha Team Jacket. BTW: The Adrenaline GTX boots work awesome too. Klim makes some great stuff, it probably doesn't have as many pockets, or bells and whistles persay but it keeps you warm and dry.

UMMM, MAYBE LOL!! You 6'3" and 285? Could use a spare set !! All my stuff was Christmas gifts from my wife. She asks, I tell her, she buys it LOL. EVERYONE, get a TekVest!! Even if you don't think you'll need it, I won't ride without one. 3 seasons on mine and it has saved me serious injury many times. When I wrecked last January, I broke my collarbone. The ONLY place I wasn't bruised was where my vest covered. I wear a pack when riding and withthe vest, all the weat is transfered and distributed by the vest. Just a side benefit from wearing one.

KLIM Klimate parka and bibs for me as well as the Adrenaline GTX boots and there socks. I have the Carol Davis Body sock suit that I wear when it hits single digits or colder underneath and when it's above 10*F I wear Starter brand DRI-STAR shirt and pants cold gear. I got the Starter DRI-STAR at Walmart for $26.00 for the pants and shirt and it is so warm I could probably wear it below 10*F. Both of my undergarment options wick moisture and keep you dry and warm. I have never worn more than a base layer with my KLIM gear. PM me and I'll tell you where I got my KLIM gear at a very good price. Gene

I love my FXR back shift attack. Never cold and if temps aren't below 0 then I ride with a t-shirt under the jacket and after a few minutes of riding I'm just right. I couldn't be happier with FXR and looks awesome.

I run a similar setup to Viper_Dave...

I think I have said this before but Klim is really good stuff, most importantly wind proof and waterproof. At the end of last year I started feeling a little dampness in the front portion of my kangaroo pouch on a pair of 5 year old Tog bibs. During the summer I sent them in for testing, I got a brand new pair of 08 bibs for free! Their customer service and warranty replacement is the best I have ever seen. Only costs you the shipping to get it back to them for testing.

Anyway I run the Valdez Parka and the Tog bibs, Tekvest and similar under layers as Dave. All you have to do is figure out what layers you like at certain temps, once you figure that out it's great. Also the pit zips and the full back zip help during those warm rides.

I have the Klim Valdez coat and bib with both style Klim mid layers Inferno and Everest, the Everest is SUPER warm, I also have their full base layer, GTX Radium boots, Covert Balaclava, Three different types of Klim gloves, F4 helmet, bags, hats, ect. in other words ALL I wear is Klim and I wouldnt wear anything else, the stuff plain rocks. I sometimes feel like a walking Klim advertisment.

Find a salesmen that REALLY knows how the sruff works and that will help you find whats best for your type of riding, its a investment and can be a big one at that, but I will tell you they warranty anything that is defective! Very good company!!

TrailxRider said:
I love my FXR back shift attack. Never cold and if temps aren't below 0 then I ride with a t-shirt under the jacket and after a few minutes of riding I'm just right. I couldn't be happier with FXR and looks awesome.
+1 FXR Bachshift Attack pants and jacket for me,love FXR gear!

Back