• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where is that thred on the '05 skid updates?

alterhi

VIP Member
Has my mind left or my eyes?
I was reading a thred on the skid updates but now I cant find it.
Little help.

I believe the final verdict was that you should take your sled into the dealer for a look over. Yamaha will replace the RA Cable and Boot for free if it is broken. Any other parts needing to be replaced (W-Arm, wheels, rails, and bushings), the improved parts from the 06 line up will be used. Payment for this work is based on your relationship with your dealer.

I have also been looking for this post the last couple of days, and couldn't figure out what happened to it. For those of us who had a lot of problems with our 05 suspensions, this post had alot of valuable imformation in it. It was one post that probably should have had a sticky post adapted to it so we could stay updated on the progress ofb the updates. There are a lot of sticky posts on this forum that are useless, and here we had a post that alot of people with problems were interested in an its gone. Whats up with that!

season is nearly upon us, we have to keeps topics in the proper areas or things get to be a real cluttered mess. Also there is info in the need a fix section.

spoke to my dealer sat. they said there will be a letter sent out to 05 rx owners stating they should bring in their sled for inspection. you will get rail braces and new bushings. any cracked rails or arms will be replaced. new RA cable boot.
They offered all this info to me without me even asking about it!

Letter about Inspection of Suspension?

Did anyone get one of these?

if so, anyway you could scan it and post it or email it to me?

It would be greatly appreciated...

I talked to one small yamaha dealer in the area and had not idea about these suspension problems and upgrades for the 05s.......?

Thanks,

Matt

Back