• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHITE 2006 APEX MNT MCX 310 KIT UPGRADES

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Well cant ride for a few months due to an injury, bored out of my tree, so going to do some upgrades..... here's what im starting with...
2006, MCX 310, 10:1 wiescos, racers edge skid 174, camo etreme, mountain mod seat and hood, cr racing and wildchild steering,

100_5158.jpg

100_5162.jpg

100_3932.jpg

100_5160.jpg

Upgrades

- move the turbo like the nytro style kit, just behind the gas tank ...like the 2010 apex kits
- tunnel dump exhaust, and mountain mod is fabbing us up a seat that will totally cover the turbo, just the intake coming out the back...for the nice clean look....hopefully not to loud....
- get Alamo in Calgary to upgrade my 16T to 19T
- Fab and install a longer tunnel extension, with the 174 there was some cooling issues with the stock tunnel, marginal snow it would just shoot out the back..
-perimeter cooling on the running boards....get rid of the those pesky board coolers....I was going to do a CR tunnel but figure everyone has done that so building your own(with some help) would be more satifying..
- ucooler in the rear and remove the radiator and electric fan
- if funds allow upgrade the front shocks to z-broz exit shocks, and the front one in the rear suspension...

So any comments welcome, and questions to help fellow sledders with their build dont be afraid to ask...willing to help :yam:[/img]

I am really looking forward to this build. The pics you posted for Tige on SW looked awsome :-o :jump:

I really like the look of the sled, nice & clean look. Maybe the air filter sticking out, but I know why it has to be that way. How much of a difference is there in moving the turbo 8" or so ahead? Does it make just like a front mount for spool up time?

Thanks...yah the intake pretty much needs to be like that in the deep powder days.......i doubt it will be a whole bunch different.....reason im doing it....spool time maybe? clean look, cheap to do....

well the old doc said no riding till next fall....so now i don't no what to do....thinking of selling this one and building a Nytro since i have a year to aquire all the parts.....what you guys think? not sure what to do.....what you guys think this sled be worth? thanks

dude I would just get some more mods or something for the sled you have it would be way cheaper then selling and taking a loss and buying a nytro and dumping a ton of money into it. just my 0.2 the sled you have now looks great and looks like you have done a ton to it.

yah i havent spent a whole bunch of time on a Nytro worried i would hate it.....i really like boondocking through the trees and usually lead the 2 smokes in my group....don't know if a nytro would be any better..... thanks for you comments

my wife would prob kill me if i built another right now...lol at least i could do a few things to this one and she wouldnt even notice....... Man its hard being me someday...haha

Sorry to hear you are out for the hole season.

If you decide to sell. Wait for the 2012 season before you decide;-)

Bolt on a Impulse header and down pipe, Garrett turbo and Neil new fuel system and you have the perfect sled for you needs;-)

TT said:

Bolt on a Impulse header and down pipe, Garrett turbo and Neil new fuel system and you have the perfect sled for you needs;-)

on this sled you figure? kinda worried it would turn into a header breaking machine.......have many guys done this? I think thats what climbmax was running minus the fuel system of neils on one of his apexs a few years ago......

TURBLUE said:
TT said:

on this sled you figure? kinda worried it would turn into a header breaking machine.......have many guys done this? I think thats what climbmax was running minus the fuel system of neils on one of his apexs a few years ago......
:jump:

Yep on your sled - it would be a nice project when you are out for the season. Did not climbmax have Mcx midmount race system? Not much info on TY or SW on Impulse header issues, but how many apex kits are out there?

climbmax had one he peiced together before his mid mount im pretty sure.....yah something to think about forsure.....know anyone that has done this?

Back