• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wisconsin fire roads

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Do any of the GPS maps have the fire roads on there for NW wisconsin? Were going to cable this winter and we are wanting to play on some fire roads. Any rules or things we shouldn't do? Thanks!

kinger said:
Do any of the GPS maps have the fire roads on there for NW wisconsin? Were going to cable this winter and we are wanting to play on some fire roads. Any rules or things we shouldn't do? Thanks!
Not sure if you already have a GPS or are looking to get one. I have a couple, and they both have fire roads. The one I ride with on snowmobile is the Megellan Sport Trak Pro. It has most all roads right down to driveways. I can not say it would have every fire road, because they change from year to year, however I would say 90% of the main fire roads are on there. We use it in Bayfield county allot, mostly up north of hwy 2 but occasionally down toward Cable area. My second GPS is a Lowrance IWAY 250. Not as durable for snowmobiling due to the mount type, and touch screen. More for in vehicle. It also has most fire roads, but is more designed for turn by turn navigation. As far as laws, you need to check with the forestry department in the district, however I know north of hwy 2 they are mostly open for snowmobile. There are area's posted no snowmobile, you can look on the Bayfield county snowmobile trail map. One guy you can always contact is Gary from Wood Side Cottages: http://www.woodsidecottages.com
He rides most every week end / day with his guests, and most of the time has an open invitation to ride along with there group. Gary knows the fire roads better than most anyone in the area.

Back