• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX centre skid spring adjustment

yamahahaapex

TY 4 Stroke Master
Googling for a while here and I cant seem to find the info Im looking for.

XTX with fox floats, limiter straps all the way out. Centre skid spring about 1" threads to the top, nearly 2 " of threads showing on the bottom.

Steering feels a bit heavy and if I loosen the spring a bit, say an inch? That would lengthen the spring thereby increasing transfer and reducing spring pressure? May also make it more unstable on skis?

Running 75lbs in front on floats, 110lbs in the rear. Trail riding is not very often so I'm looking to get the skis up. Adjusting the center skid spring might mean I may have to change pressure in floats?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

I have a buddy with a viper mtx, so it is sort of close to what you have, he put in a stingray spring, clutched/helix it a bit and went to a powdrhound ski, this allowed the front skis to pop out on top of the snow immediately. He talked to Bill at stingray and i think he helped him out the most.

Back