• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX rear shock options

nickleuci

Expert
OEM shock - blown and blown open
Replaced with hygear shock body setup. Blown and Blew apart.

As far as i can tell there are not many options. fleabay used OEM, BOP cheapo replacement, or a very expensive aftermarket shock like Axis or Exit.

Are there not HPG's or some other shock from a different sled that works here?

Ran some searches but came up empty. Thanks.

If you have the extended and compressed lengths handy I’d get it touch with our own shock guru @cannondale27 and see if he can source something for you.

saw elkas up on ebay when looking at apex xtx parts.

I ran a Fox rebuildable shock on mine and got it valved to my riding style and weight.
Saved a crap ton of money compared to replacing it through the dealer

I ran a Fox rebuildable shock on mine and got it valved to my riding style and weight.
Saved a crap ton of money compared to replacing it through the dealer
Rear or the center?

Which model (part number and where you got it) fox shock if it was the rear.

Does anyone have a part number that would be a replacement for stock rear shock? 2012 Nytro XTX OEM Part Number: 8HL-47480-01-00

Isn't there a countermeasure or sleeve to help prevent this?
I would say regular rebuilds are the best countermeasure. Ever see ice in a pipe? Maybe they are weak but I would really like to know the miles and time on ones that split. Have seen split and bulged shocks of all brands from water/ice. That said if really worried HyGear does make a sleeve to strengthen the bodies.

i get mine serviced every 2 years on my 11 xtx and have the refreshed ones as spares as i stock a complete spare set of shocks for my sleds. i hate missing riding.

cannondale27 has my new to me spare for my 16 xtx atm getting it freshened up to swap into my sled while he is working on my unobtainium set of shocks for another sled.

Back