• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX SE - Fox shocks - psi? There is nothing in owners manual

Just did a little experiement with the cat 7000 that's at my place right now. Hoisted the front of the sled in the air so both skis were off the ground. The left shock was at around 58 psi, the right was at about 55. The sled had been sitting all summer and had zero adjustments made at all last year on anything. Pumped them both evenly to 60 psi. Then I lowered the front so it was sitting flat on my concrete floor, checked the pressure again. One side measure 65 psi, the other was 68 psi. Have the sled out on the trail and full of snow and those numbers will change more yet. Then got curious to see what would happen if the sled was on it side so I tipped it up and the side off the ground still measured 64psi. Basically just a little fun experiment to show how much fluctuation there is front fully suspended to flat on the ground and then tipped on it's side. Be sure before you start making adjustments that both front shocks are set to the same psi and as stated earlier, after your "on the trail" adjustments have been made, be sure to double check everything with the front of the sled completely in the air, flat on the ground or tipped on it's side will only give you false readings.
Now you got me curious so I did the same I jacked up my viper so the shocks were hanging in the air. I set both shocks for 75 psi. while gauge still attached I lowered sled to the ground and the gauge read 90psi. I pushed down on bumper and gauge went over 110 then back to 90 psi when I released . So my 2014 Ltx se was at a 15 psi difference. I don't know if cold or hot weather has anything to do with that but 70 degrees in my garage.

Well I got my garage door open and prolly 45 degrees out so there could be some fluctuation there for sure, either way it's a big difference.
Yes absolutely. Now we know where our snocks are. I will do this test again when there is snow on the ground and sled is free of snow to compare notes.

Boy you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. These shocks should be fun and rewarding. Part of the greatness of using air is as it heats up it expands. This is what you want. Harder you beat on them the stiffer they get so you can beat on them harder without bottoming. As concerned as you all are about dialing them in as best as you can at most a half hr on a good 1-3ft mogul section is all it takes. If your buddies won't help you on the snow find a MX track with a whoops section and do it before it snows. Slides are cheap and I guarantee you will have a crowd of onlookers to tell you exactly what your suspension is doing.

Boy you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. These shocks should be fun and rewarding. Part of the greatness of using air is as it heats up it expands. This is what you want. Harder you beat on them the stiffer they get so you can beat on them harder without bottoming. As concerned as you all are about dialing them in as best as you can at most a half hr on a good 1-3ft mogul section is all it takes. If your buddies won't help you on the snow find a MX track with a whoops section and do it before it snows. Slides are cheap and I guarantee you will have a crowd of onlookers to tell you exactly what your suspension is doing.

Like he said, air shocks are not an exact science. Air changes a lot with temp changes, ever throw a fully inflated raft in a cold stream? Had to reinflate it didn't you? After I set my M8 fox floats I never set them again. Girlfriends Viper I messed with them a lot trying to fix the heavy front feel but after relocating the front skid shock it was set and left alone.

Set any way you want but after 6 different sleds with Fox Floats for the setup I tip it on its side, if you have sway bar yank up on handlebars and set..do other side. While on side yank rear bumper up and do back. Check when you get back to shop and see if it isn't as close as you wanted.

Old thread but new question.

Rear skid and track completely off the ground and shock fully extended. When I hook the Fox pump to my rear shock and tighten it, the gauge does not move at all. And I've tightened it as much as I can. After a pump or 2 it jumps right up but then the gauge slowly goes down. Spent all evening messing around with it and when I finally got it to settle to the PSI I wanted, I lowered the rear end, left the pump on, and let it sit overnight. 8 hrs later just sitting in the garage the gauge had dropped 10 PSI.

What gives ?? Is my shock leaking ?? Is it the valve stem ?? Is my pump gauge f'ing up?? When I hook pump to front shocks as soon as it's tight I get a reading from the gauge immediately with no movement on the dial.

Frustrated........need help !!

Hi curious here being I purchased a leftover XTX SE last fall and trying to learn this Fox Float set up. Did you guys get this shock pump with the sled?
I’ve got nothing with the sled other than a lil sled set up manual. Looking on eBay the pump is like $30. Did dealers make you purchase it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi curious here being I purchased a leftover XTX SE last fall and trying to learn this Fox Float set up. Did you guys get this shock pump with the sled?
I’ve got nothing with the sled other than a lil sled set up manual. Looking on eBay the pump is like $30. Did dealers make you purchase it?

Small pump, should have came with sled.

Thanks, looks like I got screwed. I’ll see if I can get it from the dealer.

Back