• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro Skis

mpbrix92

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro RTX, pretty much bone stock
Good afternoon, I know there are other threads but I am getting really tired of my Nytro pushing/skidding through turns. What are the recommended replacement skis/carbide set up thanks for your help

Ps I don't have any pics of my smashed up sled but I'm trying to change that

I love the MTX skis with Snowtrackers. Although for trail riding any ski with Snowtrackers would be great.

I stopped at the Yamaha dealership and they recommended getting Yamaha tuner skis. Any luck with those

I have curve xs on my Nytro RTX 128" love the way they handle.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I had Split Rails on for about 3500 miles and loved them. They were predictable in nearly all conditions.

Ps. They are for sale

I haven't tried the newest versions. But haven't heard any improved reviews. I really like my c&a skis. I haven't tried curves but they get great reviews and nick is supporter of site and a fantastic guy.

I've had slydog powder hounds, tuners, and curve. It took me a long time to get the sly dogs to work well. The first turn I took I almost ended up in the trees. Eventually they were ok. I actually liked the tuners until one snapped in half. I don't have a lot of time on the curve skis yet but I've heard a lot of good reviews.

i had the new tuner skis. dealer said they were great but even with 6 and 8 inch carbides on them they pushed.... pulled my limiter straps down and adjusted suspension and had shocks revalved. I only have 600 miles on the razors but so far there awesome.

I am a newbie also but have learned a ton here. Grizztracks has been very helpful.;)!

FWIW, the stock skis can be made to perform OK.

On my 2008 Nytro flipping the front rubbers and shimming made a huge difference. Taking pre load off the front skis and front track shock will help also.

Search some of the threads, there is a ton of info.

Back