• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yep..... wouldn’t start

Josh lotw

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Viking
-22 this morning, hose heater was plugged in all night, top of motor was warm but just clicked until I put the charger on it then it fired right up
Probably need to add the oil pan heater too.
Not a big Viking fan this morning

the 3 cylinder motor turns over in the cold better with the 0w40 full synthetic oil in it. still can use a jump but it will start. brothers buddy had to do this to his 12 venture with the same engine at -30 to -40 c to get his sled started at his camp.

The OP said it just clicked until it got a boost/charge. It might just be he needs a new battery. If I am wondering if my MP is going to go I slap the booster pack on right from the start. Might not be necessary but beats finding out I should have but didn't.

I’m considering the possibility that the battery might be weak. It definitely could be even though it spun the sled over no problem at -15. I’ll check it.
I did order a bad assed lithium booster pack that I can easily carry with me always. Cheap insurance!
I’m not sure what Yamaha put in it for oil but I will be changing that For the first time in the coming days with full synthetic. May as well glue on a pan heater at the same time.

Back