• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Z1 Turbo vs Apex

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Has anyone lined up against a Z1 Turbo & what was results. I'm talking 2 regular guys with trail sleds just DOOKIN' it out old school.

I run a '06 apex that's well tuned and added the yamcharger this year. haven't lost to anything yet including a '10 z1. my sled kills it but another apehanger in the group with mild clutching is close but not quite enough. you're giving up alot of hp when stock

Is it close for 1/8 mile or so then Z1 walks away on top. I've heard Apex is a little quicker...

Go to the head to head section and this has been hashed out. From what i read and seen the race is very close out of the box. Who gets the jump stays there all the way up. A little tuning and the boosted sled takes charge.

Those Z1 Turbos are a POS My buddy has one and my 04 Warrior will run with it all day with it on the lakes and rivers. They having horrible clutch alignment issues right out of the box. He had his secondary shaved down to help with the problem and now his engine is out of alignment. His belts will last a whopping 700 miles!!!!! He has been a cat guy for 25 years.....he is now making the switch to Ski Doo next year. By the way he maintains his sled very well and is anal about everything.

09s had issues for sure but they have options on keeping the engine aligned from the aftermarket. Buying a different sled just means different problems. Nothing is perfect for anybody IMHO.

This is exactly the type of talk i was looking for. I love TTY. The subject was brought up when a friend and I were looking at 2012 Cat line-up. We heard the past Z1's had some issues & they weren't blowing away the Apexes. We were thinking if the new Turbo lost 60 lbs., lengthened belt & fastened clutch to motor, would these issues finally put that Turbo way ahead like it should be. My friends '06 RTX has 6500 flawless miles & he's happy with his sled. My "new" 07 GT has 6000 flawless miles, but i'm itchin' for new. I'm also broke right now, so all this is just for fun.

Back