• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zerk Fittings

equillibrium88

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
I read somewhere that you can add Zerk fitting to the ball joints of phazers. I can see doing so with the lower joints once the ball joint is out. What about the uppers? These joints are super expensive and from what I gather, don't last all that long so if doing Zerks get's a bit more life from them then Im game for that.

What size zerk? What size drill and tap? I just use a standard grease gun at home.

Also, I've read so much about the inherent slop in the Phazer's steering. I am in the process of fixing the slop down at the collector. I am buying factory tie rods and ball joints. I like the bronze idea but can't see it outliving steel especially in the presents of grit and salt which no metal can survive long but bronze is softer. I only wish there where booted tie rods ends or dust shields you could buy for the ball joints hence my desire to install zerk fittings.
I am not versed in the ideas of drilling this and that to fit this end and that end, I am merely trying to eliminate the darting.

Back