• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zero Pros

alexm2816

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper LTX-DX Turbo
I'm currently running the stock LTX-DX HPG shocks up front and have for about 900 miles.

They work pretty good for stockers to be fair and after adjusting pre-loads and the limiter and installing the adjustable coupler block I have only minor complaints but I'm just hoping for a little more consistency and predictability in turns on chop and a little less of a plush ride that doesn't take bumps well at speed.

I've got my eyes on the RC2's and QS3's but I'm also well aware that while I think I ride hard, I don't think I'd ever need half of what these shocks can do and the price tag is a bit steep.

That said, some friends are getting rid of some older cat parts and in the box was a set of nearly new Fox Zero Pros off a 2012 LXR with less than a few hundred miles on them. Does anyone have experience with these? Is it worth the $250 he's asking? Will I see any benefit or am I better off saving for the higher end units? Is my money better spent on different springs? Thanks.

Last edited:

I'm currently running the stock LTX-DX HPG shocks up front and have for about 900 miles.

They work pretty good for stockers to be fair and after adjusting pre-loads and the limiter and installing the adjustable coupler block I have only minor complaints but I'm just hoping for a little more consistency and predictability in turns on chop and a little less of a plush ride that doesn't take bumps well at speed.

I've got my eyes on the RC2's and QS3's but I'm also well aware that while I think I ride hard, I don't think I'd ever need half of what these shocks can do and the price tag is a bit steep.

That said, some friends are getting rid of some older cat parts and in the box was a set of nearly new Fox Zero Pros off a 2012 LXR with less than a few hundred miles on them. Does anyone have experience with these? Is it worth the $250 he's asking? Will I see any benefit or am I better off saving for the higher end units? Is my money better spent on different springs? Thanks.

You'd be farther ahead to get valving done specific for what you're looking for. I have DX front shocks on my viper and zero pros on my Arctic cat and don't notice any advantage one way or the other as far as ride. Zero pros are better quality but that doesn't necessarily relate to ride quality.

You'd be farther ahead to get valving done specific for what you're looking for. I have DX front shocks on my viper and zero pros on my Arctic cat and don't notice any advantage one way or the other as far as ride. Zero pros are better quality but that doesn't necessarily relate to ride quality.

Thanks for the input. I'll look into what that will take at season end.

Thanks for the input. I'll look into what that will take at season end.

I'd check with Cannondale27 on here and see if he has good valving specs for those front shocks. If not, I've had Monster performance do shocks for me in the past with great results or in sure any of the other big names can get an all around great setup. I'm in the same boat as you, I wouldn't need any of the adjustments that some of these shocks come with, I like set it and forget it and keep it simple and don't want a bunch of money tied up in shocks so I've chose the basic shocks with proper valving technique and very pleased!

I'd check with Cannondale27 on here and see if he has good valving specs for those front shocks. If not, I've had Monster performance do shocks for me in the past with great results or in sure any of the other big names can get an all around great setup. I'm in the same boat as you, I wouldn't need any of the adjustments that some of these shocks come with, I like set it and forget it and keep it simple and don't want a bunch of money tied up in shocks so I've chose the basic shocks with proper valving technique and very pleased!

Agreed. Boggles my mind there is no market for shocks less than a grand. I'll give Steve a ring and see. It rides nice but it just needs SOMETHING. 9 times out of 10 it's right where I want it but that keeps me from really barreling into corners. At 230 lbs I don't think I'm the design rider lol.

Agreed. Boggles my mind there is no market for shocks less than a grand. I'll give Steve a ring and see. It rides nice but it just needs SOMETHING. 9 times out of 10 it's right where I want it but that keeps me from really barreling into corners. At 230 lbs I don't think I'm the design rider lol.

I hear ya, I'm amazed at the number of guys that "need" LE sleds or top model machines with $2k worth of shocks. I've had several people ride my sled and comment of how awesome it rides with just plain Jane cheap shocks..and these are the same guys that own the RR and XRS sleds that in their mind would be the best.

I hear ya, I'm amazed at the number of guys that "need" LE sleds or top model machines with $2k worth of shocks. I've had several people ride my sled and comment of how awesome it rides with just plain Jane cheap shocks..and these are the same guys that own the RR and XRS sleds that in their mind would be the best.
I don't know about if I needed the LE shocks but I'll tell ya they ride bad azz! LOL! The qs3's are night and day difference then the wife's SE. And I agree the standard SE set up right rides like a dream.

They look the part too.

But while my mind screams Cadillac my wallet whimpers Kia.

I don't know about if I needed the LE shocks but I'll tell ya they ride bad azz! LOL! The qs3's are night and day difference then the wife's SE. And I agree the standard SE set up right rides like a dream.

I hated my se, rear shocks getting valved right and softer torsion springs made a big difference but I had to get ride of the front floats. Those never handled good on any terrain no matter what I had in them for air pressure. Standard DX front shocks and the rear setup as I stated and I absolutely love how my sled rides, for my personal taste I haven't ridden a better riding sled yet..small bumps don't even exist and I can cruise at 60+ mph over medium bumps and it works flawlessly...and I'm on the bigger side at 250 lbs, a nice soft plus ride was what I was after and I got that, plus the sled still handles big bumps better than it ever did with the real stiff suspension and the float shocks.

I hated my se, rear shocks getting valved right and softer torsion springs made a big difference but I had to get ride of the front floats. Those never handled good on any terrain no matter what I had in them for air pressure. Standard DX front shocks and the rear setup as I stated and I absolutely love how my sled rides, for my personal taste I haven't ridden a better riding sled yet..small bumps don't even exist and I can cruise at 60+ mph over medium bumps and it works flawlessly...and I'm on the bigger side at 250 lbs, a nice soft plus ride was what I was after and I got that, plus the sled still handles big bumps better than it ever did with the real stiff suspension and the float shocks.
Ha you will have to pry my Evols from my cold dead hands. Can't put a price on them. Saved my butt time after time. Oh and they are plush! Look at it like this. You need a Turbo on yours. I need good shocks on mine. Really neither of us really need either but if ya got it you use it!

Ha you will have to pry my Evols from my cold dead hands. Can't put a price on them. Saved my butt time after time. Oh and they are plush! Look at it like this. You need a Turbo on yours. I need good shocks on mine. Really neither of us really need either but if ya got it you use it!

340 air cooled or boosted 1050, the throttle always seems to find the bar. I think nice shocks are sort of like good beer. Once I know what they do I'll be hooked.

HAHA you sound like my wife!!!! "Marc you don't need a turbo your sled is fast enough it's a waste of $":Rules:
But I did the old "buy and ask for forgiveness" Well I'm still asking for forgiveness but it's getting better!!!:D

I pulled the same thing. The sled with turbo was under MSRP and there was no way I could dignify another 3k for the MPI regardless of out the door cost. Funny, sleds paid off but I'm still paying for it.

Actually. It's worse than that. I took the lady north for a weekend and then got up at 645 to drive 2 hours to Greenland, MI for a "look". She stayed back and read a book with a promise to be back by 9 or 10.

She was none too happy when I asked her for a hand unloading the new toy at 130.

Pat's still had snow so I got a quick 40 miles in.

Actually. It's worse than that. I took the lady north for a weekend and then got up at 645 to drive 2 hours to Greenland, MI for a "look". She stayed back and read a book with a promise to be back by 9 or 10.

She was none too happy when I asked her for a hand unloading the new toy at 130.

Pat's still had snow so I got a quick 40 miles in.
Wow. You have a keeper!

Back