• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZRT 800, XCR 800, and Mach Z vs RX1

Bob Miller

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Present Sled: 2011 Yamaha Apex 128
Talked to three sledders from Ontario while up in Canada over the weekend! One of them had a 2000 ZRT 800, and the other two had the last year of the XCR 800, and the Mach Z. I believe they said they where 2003 models.
Well anyway I was talking to them about how the RX-1 would run up against there sleds (all stock). And they all agreed, and have had experienced that the RX-1 keeps going when they have topped out!

I can devastate the Machz's in our club on our trails..(see 'handle' post), but I think the ripsawed black one will be a little slower on top on a lake. That's why I have the blue one with studs and the pc of crap finger track...but that one does top out nicely, and passed my 01 Mach with ease on top last year. Over 6 mile run. I slowed so we could stay side by side at 115 plus on his speedo. 130 on mine. 1" loose snow on top of hardpack. No engine/clutch anything done at all to either one. Mo power is of no use where I normally ride, unless the sled can handle. Only run lakes when necessary to get across. And even stock, I know I won't be last across :lol:

Back