• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lake Tahoe-- Christmas/ New Year Riding Pictures

murph

Extreme
Lake Tahoe, California Christmas/ New Year's 2009-10

Attachments

• LTS12.30.2009.1.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 76
  • LTS12.30.2009.21-1.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.21-1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 81
  • LTS12.30.2009.20-1.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.20-1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 87
  • LTS12.30.2009.20-7.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.20-7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 66
  • LTS12.30.2009.20-8.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.20-8.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 78
  • LTS12.30.2009.2.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 94
  • LTS12.30.2009.5.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.5.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 95

Happy to say it wasn't a trip...it was riding at home!!

The Nytro performed waaaayyyyy better than the rider, as always.

Just installed the Timbersled rear suspension and Powerclaw 162-- HUGE difference. Well worth the money. Completely transforms the 2008-2009 Nytro.

Attachments

• LTS12.30.2009.6.jpg
    LTS12.30.2009.6.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 76
welcome to the dark side of timbersled!!! :) insane how much of a difference it makes in this sled!!!

great pics!!!

Timbersled rear is an amazing difference.

Still trying to fine tune the setup. I'm 165 lbs before gear and I seem to be bottoming both shocks-- and no one would be impressed by my jumping or dropping heights!!

Front shock I am running at 95psi and rear is at 140psi and I made sure that both are installed in correct location..... thinking of possibly moving to the forward position and running lower PSI

Also, my delrin bushings keep backing out, I even 5 minute epoxied around the lip of the bushing to the bottom of the rear arm... maybe I need to coat the entire bushing as it slides into the rear arm????

murph said:

Also, my delrin bushings keep backing out, I even 5 minute epoxied around the lip of the bushing to the bottom of the rear arm... maybe I need to coat the entire bushing as it slides into the rear arm????

my bushing has done that as well and it seems that i may have to take it out to get it to slide in. what did you do to get yours go back in?

My nytro is not boosted but i have the front at 95 and the rear at 135 and i weigh 220 i have not witnessed bottoming out yet but i have not jumped it yet either. On the bumps there is no problem, i even think it was a little stiff.

murph said:

Still trying to fine tune the setup. I'm 165 lbs before gear and I seem to be bottoming both shocks-- and no one would be impressed by my jumping or dropping heights!!

Front shock I am running at 95psi and rear is at 140psi and I made sure that both are installed in correct location..... thinking of possibly moving to the forward position and running lower PSI

Do the zip tie trick, put a zip tie around it, and see how much of the shock you are using...air shocks can fake you out...

IMG_3194Large.jpg

IMHO your running too much in front shock, and not enough in rear shock...I am 250 plus gear, and I have my front set at 80 and rear set at 150...5 PSI is a LOT in air shocks...also, what position do you have limiter straps set up on?

I used Gorilla glue, and it seems to hold better...

If you just got your kit shouldn't he have gotten the updated one with the different delrin bushings? I know i need to do something to mine they keep popping out. By the way nice pictures, send some more snow my way and not all this cold.

Yes they are Updated Delrin bushings.

To re install without total disassembly: lift rear end, unbolt two rear mounting bolts, reduce air in rear shock, and pull top part of rear arm back and down-- bushings will slide right back into place. No need for further disassembly or track loosening.

Been doing the zip tie trick since initial install. Keep finding them off the slider at mounting location. Harsh feeling on landing makes it feel like it's bottoming. I have one other theory.....shocks are too hard as you are suggesting. Deep snow and ice are collecting on zip tie and gravity is allowing them to slip down as everything melts.

Need to try reducing pressures and checking zip ties more diligently as I ride. When I have checked them while riding they always seem to have plenty of travel left...

Limiter straps are loose. Position 4 from top. Ski lift isn't a problem since I ride like a sissy and don't charge up vertical walls!

yeah, but you might just ahve too much pressure in that front shock, and not allowing the suspension to share the load...does that make sense?

try dropping front shock to around 80-85...and pump up the back one to around 140-150...I am confident you will like that ride better...it will be softer on the whooped out trails, and allow the coupling to work better...

it is a ballet to get suspension to work together, but once you feel it, it is awe inspiring...

Did Timber skid with Iceage rails recently, still running mav track. Been out 7 or 8 times working it hard and have not been able to bottom out. I weight 170 without gear so maybe 180 all decked out. Skid front shock 95 back at 145. Went with recommend limiter strap settings, can't remember exact holes but straps are tight. Sled does handle tons better but have yet to hit deep power, still waiting for good cold snow dump.

murph said:
Happy to say it wasn't a trip...it was riding at home!!

The Nytro performed waaaayyyyy better than the rider, as always.

Just installed the Timbersled rear suspension and Powerclaw 162-- HUGE difference. Well worth the money. Completely transforms the 2008-2009 Nytro.

Nice pics Murph! Tether pulled in this one?:)

Back