• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement drivers for MCX Turbo Build on 2.5 CE?

BCgee

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro MTX
Looking for help determining which drivers I should buy to replace my stock 2008 MTX drivers, which have mushroomed and deformed. The drivers need to be up to the task of handling an MCX turbo kit on the 2.5 camoplast extreme track.

On avid's website it seems I'm looking at the 1 1/16" hex driver, but they 8 tooth and 3.0 pitch is sold out. Is it ok to do 9 tooth and 2.86 as comparable to stock 8t and 3.0?

Alternatively I see Barn of Parts sells Wahl drivers; are these capable of handling a turbo kit?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I can’t comment on the diference in pitches but do not waste your money on the wahl drivers. I got one season with my turbo on them then had to buy avid.

Buy Avid. You can NOT switch pitch number or drive tooth. You MUST run 8 tooth 3.0 pitch or it will not synchronize with the track correctly or the 2.5" lug will not clear the front heat exchanger.

Back